Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 79 Times in 9 Posts
    I also drew a late season cow elk in 222. I also know that area well and won't need to scout and will make a hell Mary 3 day weekend hunt for some much needed meat for the freezer.[/QUOTE]

Dude! I think that's like my cardinal sin when it comes to hunting. Every time someone says "oh that will be an easy hunt" and they are referring to me.. I cringe! I've gone into a few hunts with that mentality. And came out beaten to piss and empty handed.[/QUOTE]

I didn't say it would be easy but I won't kill the wife and kid packing out a cow. We will give it 110% and see what happens.
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by hardstalk View Post
    My strategy is to a. Scout sheep, and then b. scout sheep. Nv archer and my old boss drew sheep tags close to home. Hopefully I can see at least one cliff dweller hit the dirt this year. Plan c... Hopefully I can find one of the 15 deer that call kingman az home and make something happen. D. Family vaca in Florida, wife has given the blessing of bringing home a dead gator.
    I'll be in Fl in Aug for vaca. I would love to get a gator.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeepitcold View Post
    You should spend that time scouting in 22
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Musket Man For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeepitcold View Post
    From the research I've done gator season opens in august. You can get the whole outfitted hunt for under 1k. Swamp boat, guide and 8'+ gator in a day. I'll be going down in July. I'm still trying to contact locals and inquire about a "ranch" hunt. It's not quite the experience.. But sounds fun if the price is right.
    http://www.solooutdoor.com/ Contact me for used optic specials!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to hardstalk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 79 Times in 8 Posts
    I didn't draw so my strategy is opening day of the late season deer hunt I'm gonna stop at the local Loaf n Jug get me a couple 30 packs of stones and drive around in my early 80's chevy with glass packs and annoy the crap out of all of you that were lucky!! HAHA JK
    TALL, WIDE and HANDSOME

@backcountryhunter

"The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential... these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence."
    Confucius

8. The Following User Says Thank You to woodtick For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Guys, do to my limited time i didn't even realized there was a section on the forum that was state specific. I spend most of my time in the Elk, Deer, and Antelope (my favorite of course) sections. The great state of NV was finally good to me. I was able to draw an antelope tag in (65, 142, 144). I'm from Shelley, Idaho so it's a bit of a drive. I'm planning on taking at least one scouting trip in early August, and going down 3 or 4 days before the season, and then hunting for 4 days. I've never been to the area, but this unit has been on my list due to the stats on this area. i'll be purchasing the NV chip for my GPS, and i've been studying google earth and maps so far. If any of you are willing to share any information on this unit I'd sure appreciate it. Good luck to all.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 23 Times in 2 Posts
    I drew a Desert Sheep tag in 263 and my plan is to wait for Hardstalk to chain a 170+ to a tree (or rock down there) and I'll come down and get it done! No but really I've started checking out the checkout summaries for the last 13 years. Even have a spreadsheet with the largest to smallest sheep, location, and year. Once I get a few areas nailed down I will get a few scouting trips in and hopefully find a solid ram and get it done.
    For my deer tag, it'll be my 5th year in a row hunting the unit so I've got some spots narrowed down. Went out and got cameras out because I already cant wait. Saw some bucks that were surprisingly well grown for May. Put two cameras on trail/ spring crossing areas in the thick Quakies near where we saw a 200+ 5x4 last year, and found a real old plywood treestand near them. Also have a camera on the spring where we took out the 185 5x4 in archery season! Plan is to get a monster with a bow!!
    2012 Bowtech Insanity CPXL
    TT Xtreme FC Pro
    Custom Black Gold Ascent 4 pin
    GT Velocity 300's tipped with 125 Shuttle t's weighing 490 grains!!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by woodtick View Post
    I didn't draw so my strategy is opening day of the late season deer hunt I'm gonna stop at the local Loaf n Jug get me a couple 30 packs of stones and drive around in my early 80's chevy with glass packs and annoy the crap out of all of you that were lucky!! HAHA JK
    Hahahhaaha now that's awesome!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ikeepitcold For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    161 early archery deer. At least two scouting trips to Table Mountain, talk to everyone who is willing to give info. and just go. I'm not a trophy hunter so hopefully that will help my odds. Trying to find a unit that I can draw every year so I can really get to know the country and I think 16 or 17 may be it.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tmitch View Post
    Guys, do to my limited time i didn't even realized there was a section on the forum that was state specific. I spend most of my time in the Elk, Deer, and Antelope (my favorite of course) sections. The great state of NV was finally good to me. I was able to draw an antelope tag in (65, 142, 144). I'm from Shelley, Idaho so it's a bit of a drive. I'm planning on taking at least one scouting trip in early August, and going down 3 or 4 days before the season, and then hunting for 4 days. I've never been to the area, but this unit has been on my list due to the stats on this area. i'll be purchasing the NV chip for my GPS, and i've been studying google earth and maps so far. If any of you are willing to share any information on this unit I'd sure appreciate it. Good luck to all.
    Got the same tag- very stoked!