Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    MM ( aka Keystone) I don't have a goat tag so I can't "legally" snag your hog tied booner!
    I would though!!!!!!

I drew a 17 archery buck tag for the second year, found some honey holes (near a little rock and a big tree) and plan on packing in a couple days early. Last year I was being pretty picky (spike or better) and didn't seal the deal. This year I could use some meat in the freezer so anything is fair game, but there are a couple that I hope to encounter again. Taking my dogs with me due to all the lion sign, might have a chance to get after a cat in the 10 days I have planned.
    My buddy drew the same unit muzzleloader so I'm supposed to find the 36" toad while I'm there.
    Then it's bears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Trying like hell to live the dream

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'm planning on starting out augest 1 helping me 13 year old arrow is speed goat in 015. Then his deer tag in area 6 probably opening weekend of rifle season. Then 10 plus days for my area 104, 108, 122 elk rifle. Doubt ill even go on my deer hunt.
    Going Saturday to put out antelope cameras.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Turn your deer tag in and keep your points for next year.
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonGNV View Post
    MM ( aka Keystone) I don't have a goat tag so I can't "legally" snag your hog tied booner!
    I would though!!!!!!

I drew a 17 archery buck tag for the second year, found some honey holes (near a little rock and a big tree) and plan on packing in a couple days early. Last year I was being pretty picky (spike or better) and didn't seal the deal. This year I could use some meat in the freezer so anything is fair game, but there are a couple that I hope to encounter again. Taking my dogs with me due to all the lion sign, might have a chance to get after a cat in the 10 days I have planned.
    My buddy drew the same unit muzzleloader so I'm supposed to find the 36" toad while I'm there.
    Then it's bears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Doesnt mean you dont know someone with a tag for my unit!!! LOL You might get a deer if you would stop being so picky. Spike or better, thats some hardcore stuff!HAHAHA!!!
    Keystone 1, Over!

" I am lost in the dust of the chase that my life brings"

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congrats on your draws. Nv is a tough draw, but with patients, pts., and luck it's doable every few years for one of the many species available.
    I drew a NV late unit 101-109 archery deer hunt this year. So far, I've had better success than usual at drawing this year. Due to other hunts and distance from this area I will probably not be able to scout before the hunt starts. Should be alright as that it occurs during the rut and bucks will behaving differently than earlier in the year. I will contact the biologist for this area, request references of past hunters from Huntin' Fool [must be a member], and ask for advise from my fellow members of this forum. I will also resource Nevada's "Wildlife Water Developement Atlas" for possible guzzlers and other water sources in case there is a shortage of water. I will try to determine a few good areas to get started on from all this gathered info, make topographical maps [for use with a GPS] and last, but not least, practice shooting with my bow a lot.
    I hope this info was helpful and good luck. Remember "the harder you hunt, the luckier you get".

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Good luck lappel! 5

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Went in and got a bow makeover today, all tuned up, new sight, rest, arrows, and quiver comin soon. I'm pumped! After missing a nice buck last year I told myself I would set myself up better, I am excited as hell!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Sounds awesome Alex. Don't let him get away this year.
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ikeepitcold For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I drew area 6 early archery deer. Not knowing this area at all my strategy is to spend as much time scouting maps and google earth as possible. I made the 9 hour drive this last weekend to learn some area. Seen a lot of bulls and 6 four point bucks! My hope is to make it back one more time in late July and than come back in August and hopefully arrow a respectable buck! I will be hunting for 10 days.