Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tire Input

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have been running BFG AT's on my F250 FX4 Supercab for the past several years. I have been very happy with them. I think they perform well on the highway as well as off-road. They have a more aggressive tread than the stock tires that came on my FX4. As soon as I wore the stock tires out, I put BFG AT's on it about 100,000 miles ago. I had ran BFG AT's on my previous 1/2 ton pickup and on my Jeep Cherokee before that. Always had good experiences with those tires.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jims For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have BFG AT/KO on my wife's FJ, I also have had them on a Willys Wagon and a CJ.

I was all set to put them on my Tundra about three years ago and the salesperson at Tire Factory talked me into Goodyear Durotrac.
    After about 10K I was so impressed that I put a set on my daughter's Z71 Silverado.

I have run the crap out of my truck during the last three years to the tune of over 25K per year.
    The tires have about 80K on them with regular rotations and one repair.

I will not need to get a new set until right before hunting season and that should be at least another 15K.
    My kid has not faired quite so well (not rotating them as she should) but I haven't heard anything about new tires.

I will be getting the Duros in the fall. The AT/KOs on the FJ are original as well and they are at 60K so both are pretty good tires.
    Life member RMEF
    Mathews DXT, Bowtech Admiral, Browing .300WSM...... and Swarovski Optiks my wife doesn't know about.
    1999 Washington Blacktaill, Bear River GMU, nontypical 6X7

4. The Following User Says Thank You to OregonJim For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I had dura tracks on a 3500 cummins that did pretty well. A lot less road noise than the Toyos. But not quite as meaty. I remember ripping a few treads off in the rocks. But a pretty good tire and cheaper than the Toyos.
    http://www.solooutdoor.com/ Contact me for used optic specials!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to hardstalk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by jims View Post
    I have been running BFG AT's on my F250 FX4 Supercab for the past several years. I have been very happy with them. I think they perform well on the highway as well as off-road. They have a more aggressive tread than the stock tires that came on my FX4. As soon as I wore the stock tires out, I put BFG AT's on it about 100,000 miles ago. I had ran BFG AT's on my previous 1/2 ton pickup and on my Jeep Cherokee before that. Always had good experiences with those tires.
    Is your fx4 a diesel or gas?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to hardstalk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have Cooper Discoverer A/T3's on my powerstroke rightnow that I have been real happy with. I have run BFG A/T's and been happy with them too. My girlfriend has Toyo A/T's and they have been good too. All are good tires. If your towing alot you might want to go with a 10 ply (load range E), otherwise an 8 ply will be fine.
    Keystone 1, Over!

" I am lost in the dust of the chase that my life brings"

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Musket Man For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 25contender View Post
    One of my concerns was mentioned the Expedition is very heavy and I am concerned with fast wear on the tires. I have had BFG ATs and Rugged terrains on my small truck and the rugged terrains have been holding up a bit better than the ATs. I am concerned about BFGs and wear on the Expedition.
    My coopers were on full size, extended cab, pickups. I pull a loaded trailer occasionally but most driving was unloaded so I'm not sure what the weight comparison is. A lot of my miles are in the snow which is really nice on tires... they would last forever if we only drove in the winter!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hilltop For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations

Tire Input

Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    I have Cooper Discoverer A/T3's on my powerstroke rightnow that I have been real happy with. I have run BFG A/T's and been happy with them too. My girlfriend has Toyo A/T's and they have been good too. All are good tires. If your towing alot you might want to go with a 10 ply (load range E), otherwise an 8 ply will be fine.
    I have those coopers on 20's on the wife's Tahoe. She prefers the "feel" of them better than the bfg all terrain that were on it. She says they feel softer. And they may be. The bfgs were 5+ years old.

Her- " babe, I don't need mud terrains on my car, I don't go off-roading like you do"

Me- "but if I do ever get stuck, your first on the speed dial. I need you to have tread".
    Last edited by hardstalk; 05-28-2014 at 12:42 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to hardstalk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I had the Michelin LTX AT2 on my truck and really did not like them. My last two trucks have had Goodyear DuraTrac and they have been awesome. Highly recommended.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to grizzly For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I forgot about the duratrac tires. Had those on a gas engine 2500. they were wearing pretty good, but they have a lot of noise on the highway. I also noticed that if I didn't run the tires full I could feel some "sway" on the highway. I'm guessing running high pressure helps stiffen the sidewall, but I hate running my 10 ply tires at 80 all the time. Other than that they were pretty good
    Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
    Genesis 27:3 (NKJV)

18. The Following User Says Thank You to tdcour For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Go with Coopers. Great quality, reasonably priced, and made in the USA.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to bdan68 For This Useful Post: