Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tire Input

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 58 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    Im pretty hard on rear tires because my F350 Powerstroke spends most of its time in front of a gooseneck trailer these days since I got a car to run around in and I use my 65 ford for most local things I dont need a trailer for. I think hunting trips are 1 of the few breaks it gets from the trailer! lol
    Does rotating them help even the wear across all 4 tires for you?? We've had a pretty heated debate at work about "rotating" tires!
    TICK
    TALL, WIDE and HANDSOME

"The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential... these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence."
    Confucius

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 22 Times in 10 Posts
    I rotate them although I probably should more often. It helps alot, I would probably go through rear tires 2 to 1 if I didnt. Coopers are good luck I think. I killed my biggest buck the day after I bought them! lol
    Keystone 1, Over!

" I am lost in the dust of the chase that my life brings"

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    I have Cooper Discoverer A/T3's on my powerstroke rightnow that I have been real happy with. I have run BFG A/T's and been happy with them too. My girlfriend has Toyo A/T's and they have been good too. All are good tires. If your towing alot you might want to go with a 10 ply (load range E), otherwise an 8 ply will be fine.

I also have the cooper A/T3's. Been very impressed with them. Around home here you see a lot of them on trucks and anyone ive talked to had nothing but good to say about them.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to wisconsin_guy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    If you have a truck that is a 4WD (my F350 diesel is), you definitely should rotate every 5k miles. I do rotate as close to that as I can and I think I add about 10k more miles to a set of tires.

I live in a pretty rural area and not a lot of selection of tire dealers. I have bought my last 2 sets from my local Ford dealer at really competitive prices. They also rotate them for free because I bought them there. I've been using Goodyear Wranglers and they seem to wear pretty good for me. I usually get between 75 & 80k miles out of a set.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colorado Cowboy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 22 Times in 3 Posts
    When I was younger I blew off the tire rotation thing and I never got more than 50K, sometimes less.
    Last half dozen sets I have rotated almost every oil change (never more than 10K) and I have got an average of 80K+.
    The air pressure recommendations shouldn't be underestimated IMO either.
    I had some uneven wear on a set running upper end of pressure range and the pros had me air down 7psi and we coaxed them back even.
    Life member RMEF
    Mathews DXT, Bowtech Admiral, Browing .300WSM...... and Swarovski Optiks my wife doesn't know about.
    1999 Washington Blacktaill, Bear River GMU, nontypical 6X7

8. The Following User Says Thank You to OregonJim For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 2 Posts
    Hardstock, my FX4 is a gas 5.4 liter. It's a 6 speed manual. I had heard some concerns that the 5.4 with an automatic struggled a little in the F250. I had to order the truck in order to get the manual transmission. I've been very happy with the truck, engine and transmission. Got 182,000 miles on it.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 58 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    If you have a truck that is a 4WD (my F350 diesel is), you definitely should rotate every 5k miles. I do rotate as close to that as I can and I think I add about 10k more miles to a set of tires.

I live in a pretty rural area and not a lot of selection of tire dealers. I have bought my last 2 sets from my local Ford dealer at really competitive prices. They also rotate them for free because I bought them there. I've been using Goodyear Wranglers and they seem to wear pretty good for me. I usually get between 75 & 80k miles out of a set.
    I couldn't agree more CC, I'm running almost 60k on a set of Goodyear MT/R's thats a ton for mudders!!!
    TICK
    TALL, WIDE and HANDSOME

"The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential... these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence."
    Confucius

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 37 Times in 2 Posts
    I also rotate every 5 and am running Goodyear MT/R's, they are great tires.
    A bad day in the woods is better than a good day at work.
    Shoot the best, Shoot PSE!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 11 Times in 2 Posts
    I rotate at 5k too with Oil changes.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 76 Times in 10 Posts
    I still have a few thousand left on these tires so It Gives me some time to look into the new tires. I appreciate all the Info. Mark