Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Tire Input

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    My trailer is stored indoors all the time when not used. The current tires look like new, but just seem to come apart. They are also aired up to max cold pressure before every trip. I am leaning toward Maxxis.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 23 Times in 10 Posts
    The only new trailer tires I have ever had were the 10 ply trailer tires that came apart. The 2 on the Left were fine but the 2 on the Right that gets more sun where i usually park it came apart. I usually run used tires on my trailers since they dont get alot of miles. I got the new ones to haul horses from CA to here and I needed tires but i was pretty disappointed with them.
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 74 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Winchester View Post
    I'm running Hankook Dynapro ATMs on my Expedition and they work really well.

Hilltop, Where do you find "factory 2nds"?
    I simply start calling tire stores in my area (within 50 miles) until I find what I'm looking for. Some tire stores can actually order them in. I have had better luck with smaller mom and pop type stores versus big chain stores. Co-ops also can usually get them.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hilltop For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 77 Times in 10 Posts
    I actually went back with the same tire the Michelin LTX/MS2 285/75 R16. They had 75,000+ miles on them and they road so good. So I figured not to fix what is not broken.
    Last edited by 25contender; 08-11-2014 at 10:20 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 25contender For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I have made up my mind on the Maxxis 10 ply rated as the reviews I have tread are all pretty good. Found them at Discount Tire in Farmington for a great price.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think Chen Sheng brands Maxxis, anyway they seem to be the best trailer tire at this time. I have tried two sets of Cooper E rated tires. They are good in the snow, great in the rocks, and fair in the mud. Both sets cupped on the highway and make a lot of noise. I have been riding on street radials but will change back to the Coopers at the end of the month, getting ready for elk season and winter. I think the Coopers get used up too fast, both sets are at about half tread and I will be looking at the Michelin like 25contender bought.
    BTW I designed a dirt bike tire that is still being used world wide with the mold I had made. Homeland Security caused that to stop, go figure.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Well now I am curious. Why did homeland security have any interest in a dirt bike tire? I probably don't have clearance for that kind of information.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Againstthewind View Post
    Well now I am curious. Why did homeland security have any interest in a dirt bike tire? I probably don't have clearance for that kind of information.
    I was wondering the same thing.....
    Life member RMEF
    Mathews DXT, Bowtech Admiral, Browing .300WSM...... and Swarovski Optiks my wife doesn't know about.
    1999 Washington Blacktaill, Bear River GMU, nontypical 6X7

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Cooper Discover STT!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I still don't know why Homeland Security did what they did. They locked up my inbound shipments and never gave a reason. Those shipments were presold for Christmas. I lost my sales, my customers, and still had the merchandise. It wasn't like I had just started importing either. Homeland Security has unreal power. The Homeland Security bureaucrat would not talk to anyone in my company except the girl who answered the phone. It took 30 days to get someone to talk to the president for me, actually a dove hunter that worked with Mr. Bush. This in essence broke me and put me out of business. It also cost lots of people their jobs. I had 22 employees and the factories in China and Taiwan were hurt. I also imported from Spain. The government don't play by their rules, they just do anything the bureaucrats can do anything they please.