Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Easton FMJ or Axis opinions

I was reading through some posts about arrows because I have thinking lately about trying out some new arrows. I currently shoot Axis arrows but for some reason the FMJ's are calling my name, I cant put my finger on why. Another issue is I feel that I am right on the edge of the 400 or 340 spine cusp. My draw length has been 29" but I finally got myself measured and I came in at 30", drew back at 30" and felt alot more comfortable as well. At 29" draw the 400 axis arrows shot tighter than the 340's but I am wondering since I went up an inch on draw length if I should get the 340's. 70lb draw weight. I guess I should just get the 340's and if I have to I could bump up to 125 grain broadheads?

Besides all of that I would like some opinions on what guys think about the easton axis vs. the fmj arrows.

Thanks a bunch

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 14 Times in 1 Post
    My son and I have been shooting FMJs for the last few years. I have nothing but good things to say about them. The only time either of us has failed to get a pass-through was when Zach shot a boar hog quartering away and buried the broadhead in the off side shoulder bone. The kinetic energy you get from the added weight is awesome. You do sacrifice a little bit of speed, but not much.

The main reason I switched to them though was to minimize the risk of a shattered arrow sticking through our hand. Zach was 13 or 14 when I made the switch. He didn't always remember to flex his arrows before every shot, and he was getting strong enough to start moving up in draw weight. I wanted the metal jacket as an added layer of protection against that. But aside from that part, I'd still shoot FMJs. They perform well for me.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Nice, thanks for the info. Have you had any trouble with them bending or being damaged at all?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 14 Times in 1 Post
    When that boar fell, he fell on the arrow and snapped it. Other than that, we've not had any damaged. They'd bend or break if abused enough.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1401492273213.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	9615

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I've shot FMJs they came out on the market. I think they're the best hunting arrow IMO. They shoot straight and hit hard. I don't think you go wrong using them.