Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I'd really like to get into the mix on this subject but it wouldn't be appropriate.

If I ever have occasion to buy one of you a cup of coffee or a beer I'll talk your ear off.
    For now I'll just keep my posts hunting related or at least related to whatever strange stuff Wood Tick and Musket are talking crazy about.
    Life member RMEF
    Mathews DXT, Bowtech Admiral, Browing .300WSM...... and Swarovski Optiks my wife doesn't know about.
    1999 Washington Blacktaill, Bear River GMU, nontypical 6X7

2. The Following User Says Thank You to OregonJim For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Whatever exactly happened Im sure his team and squad know or have a darn good idea. Everything I have been able to find points to him leaving at night on his own, although there are a few variations. Regardless I believe he did something he shouldnt have done. Some emails he sent his parents just before this are pretty disturbing too. I am interested to hear his side of it but I doubt we will ever know the truth.
    Keystone 1, Over!

" I am lost in the dust of the chase that my life brings"

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I know when I was in the Army one of the main things they told us was that we would not be negotiated for, in terms of trading us for them. IMO I don't think the precedent this sets is going to do our troops in the future much good, probably going to increase the number of troops that get taken as POW's. Either way welcome home Bowe.
    JJenness
    G
    &T Crazy

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jjenness For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Well spoken Top Gun 30-06, my son earned a Purple Heart fighting for what we all Americans believe in and stand for FREEDOM and our way of life!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 16 Times in 3 Posts
    I'm with OregonJim, this is a very touchy subject but I have to say 30-06 is on the right track. Pretty certain it's all his own doing and something is very fishy with the whole thing.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 5 Posts
    I think I would be with OregonJim if I had all the details on this.
    Keystone 1, Over!

" I am lost in the dust of the chase that my life brings"

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    All I can say is that I did 3 years in the Army Vet Corp back in 68-71 when Viet Nam was going hot and heavy, so maybe this whole thing touches me more than some of the younger crowd. Thank God I stayed in the states my entire tour. I'll not make any further posts on this, but when the negative stuff that is coming out is right from the guys that were along side this dude it more than stinks that we are now welcoming him home as a hero and trading 5 top Taliban staff for him illegally to boot!!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Topgun 30-06 View Post
    All I can say is that I did 3 years in the Army Vet Corp back in 68-71 when Viet Nam was going hot and heavy, so maybe this whole thing touches me more than some of the younger crowd. Thank God I stayed in the states my entire tour. I'll not make any further posts on this, but when the negative stuff that is coming out is right from the guys that were along side this dude it more than stinks that we are now welcoming him home as a hero and trading 5 top Taliban staff for him illegally to boot!!!

I have to side with you on this TG, as bad as I hate to. I really wanted this to turn into a "we brought a good guy home" scenario....but as this story is unfolding, this is clearly not the case. And its sad that we lost soldiers in the process of trying to find this guy. And yes, to add insult to injury, we traded 5 terrorist for him. This is bad. The whole situation stinks and it doesn't appear to be going away anytime soon.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America!!"
    - Charlie Daniels

"Most democrats in WY are not like other democrats (they actually like babies, guns, and the constitution)"
    - AT Hiker

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobbhunts For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thanks to all of you that have served.There are many american heros out there that have went over and did there jobs. So all of us know somebody who has been deployed to the war on terrorism so tell them thanks for serving our country so heroicly. Any thing that comes out of this is no way a reflection on any other soldier. There is a soldier out there today that will do something great that we should all hear about but sadly never will because the media would rather cover this topic.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ranger3-94 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger3-94 View Post
    Thanks to all of you that have served.There are many american heros out there that have went over and did there jobs. So all of us know somebody who has been deployed to the war on terrorism so tell them thanks for serving our country so heroicly. Any thing that comes out of this is no way a reflection on any other soldier. There is a soldier out there today that will do something great that we should all hear about but sadly never will because the media would rather cover this topic.
    Agreed 100%.....well put. I read something earlier that 12 American Soldier's deaths were directly linked to the search for this SGT. And that he did indeed leave his post in search of joining the local Taliban operative. Pretty sad stuff.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America!!"
    - Charlie Daniels

"Most democrats in WY are not like other democrats (they actually like babies, guns, and the constitution)"
    - AT Hiker