Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I'd be cool with the negotiation if the 5 released had tracking chips inserted in them with the intention of dropping bombs on them in the near future. Could also track their migration patterns until then.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to packmule For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 15 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by packmule View Post
    I'd be cool with the negotiation if the 5 released had tracking chips inserted in them with the intention of dropping bombs on them in the near future. Could also track their migration patterns until then.
    packmule for president LOL
    Keystone 1, Over!

" I am lost in the dust of the chase that my life brings"

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I served in the same unit.....but way before all of this.

My thoughts.

1. We did a prisoner swap. Been done since the revolutionary war with regard to our Army. Was it a good or intelligent swap? Not in my opinion, but that's just me. We take care of our own. It's what all branches of our armed forces hold as a basic tenant. Dirtbag or not.

2. From my time, beginning as a private until I got out as an O-3. I remember one of the very first things taught..."1st General Order
    "I will guard everything within the limits of my post and quit my post only when properly relieved." IF the allegations are true, he violated this order and therefore violated UCMJ. He broke the faith, he indirectly caused the deaths of his brothers. I hope that there is an investigation carried out, and a Courts Martial held if valid. Regardless of his five years of captivity.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dallen0427 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by dallen0427 View Post
    I served in the same unit.....but way before all of this.

My thoughts.

1. We did a prisoner swap. Been done since the revolutionary war with regard to our Army. Was it a good or intelligent swap? Not in my opinion, but that's just me. We take care of our own. It's what all branches of our armed forces hold as a basic tenant. Dirtbag or not.

2. From my time, beginning as a private until I got out as an O-3. I remember one of the very first things taught..."1st General Order
    "I will guard everything within the limits of my post and quit my post only when properly relieved." IF the allegations are true, he violated this order and therefore violated UCMJ. He broke the faith, he indirectly caused the deaths of his brothers. I hope that there is an investigation carried out, and a Courts Martial held if valid. Regardless of his five years of captivity.

Pretty much sums it up. Good post! I just have a hard time with him leaving his post more so than the swap, as bad as that was. During my service/deployment, we were all like brothers. I couldn't imagine one single soldier that I served with pulling a stunt like this.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America!!"
    - Charlie Daniels

"Most democrats in WY are not like other democrats (they actually like babies, guns, and the constitution)"
    - AT Hiker

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    packmule for president LOL
    I'd make an excellent Prez.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to packmule For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    The hometown of this "hero" has now cancelled the homecoming celebration that had been planned for later this month after the deserter allegations from his own unit members and the fact that in 2010 the Army itself considered the facts of the case and listed him as a deserter!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I saw where the army made the guys with him sign papers that they would not say anything to anyone while he was a POW. Does anyone know if this is SOP when there is a POW?
    Keystone 1, Over!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    I saw where the army made the guys with him sign papers that they would not say anything to anyone while he was a POW. Does anyone know if this is SOP when there is a POW?
    I've seen that same stuff being bantered about on the net and I'm not aware of any SOP regarding stuff like that, but it may well be an unwritten procedure even though just a verbal order by a Unit Commander should be enough.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I had never herd of it before but we never had any POW situations either.
    Keystone 1, Over!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Topgun 30-06 View Post
    even though just a verbal order by a Unit Commander should be enough.
    That's funny. The army rumor mill won't be stopped by a verbal order. Shoot, before any deployment someone would always know where we were going....even that day 70 years ago tomorrow.....most guys didn't get the truth until they were on a boat heading toward this place on the Norman coast.......I suspect they did the non disclosure stuff in this case in order to preclude placing him at further risk from his hosts.