Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    I saw where the army made the guys with him sign papers that they would not say anything to anyone while he was a POW. Does anyone know if this is SOP when there is a POW?
    If you are discharged and not under military jurisdiction, I don't see how they could do that.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    If you are discharged and not under military jurisdiction, I don't see how they could do that.

It was while they were in theatre from what I read. Otherwise I agree.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America!!"
    - Charlie Daniels

"Most democrats in WY are not like other democrats (they actually like babies, guns, and the constitution)"
    - AT Hiker

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Kinda bothers me he was promoted to SGT while captive. SGT is a leadership position and it looks like he abandoned his post as a PFC which does not show any leadership qualities. Also bothers me some of the posts I have seen his father made to the Taliban and his father speaking in Arabic at the deal with Obama after he was released.
    Keystone 1, Over!

" I am lost in the dust of the chase that my life brings"

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Musket Man For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Everyone seems to think this story is unfolding...its been there in full for five years. We have known where he was for the five years,yet no attempt was made to retrive him. Deserters dont often get the attention of retrieval as would a valuable brother deserve.
    Obama broke the law, aided and abeited the Taliban, and asked the media to try and push a cover of a Hero coming home.....

Thats NOT how its done son....And now America negotiates, and now our President has shown whos side he is on.
    I hunt because......

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Kinda bothers me he was promoted to SGT while captive. SGT is a leadership position and it looks like he abandoned his post as a PFC which does not show any leadership qualities. Also bothers me some of the posts I have seen his father made to the Taliban and his father speaking in Arabic at the deal with Obama after he was released.
    The whole thing sucks!!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Topgun 30-06 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    wow, peraps i spoke to soon, i guess i was hoping for the best, this is a sad deal all in all. this was the 2nd time he walked away. he walked away while training tin the states too. sounds like he shouldnt have been over there to begin with. my heart goes out to his family. and i pray that the pigs that were let go are a part of a greater plan, but with obama i doubt that very much.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I was wondering today what happens to your pay when you are taken prisoner? does it stop or stop after a certain amount of time or keeps being deposited into your account if they think you are alive still?
    Keystone 1, Over!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 31 Times in 6 Posts
    I was wondering today what happens to your pay when you are taken prisoner? does it stop or stop after a certain amount of time or keeps being deposited into your account if they think you are alive still?
    Why are you thinking of enlisting and getting captured? You could make a deal so that someone with a computer and internet access captures you so you could post on Eastman's all day AND get paid for it!
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Umpqua Hunter View Post
    Why are you thinking of enlisting and getting captured? You could make a deal so that someone with a computer and internet access captures you so you could post on Eastman's all day AND get paid for it!
    LOL! No I already enlisted and I was not captured. I would not have been captured. Plan was to take as many of them with me as I could right there.
    Keystone 1, Over!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'm very late to this thread so don't know if I'm repeating what has already been said. Multiple things bother me about this the first being why the animals decided to keep this person alive for five years?? That I really don't understand. He also abandoned his post and his brothers from what I understand. We also negotiated with terrorists so we prove kidnapping is now profitable. If we give up five high ranking degenerates for one defector how much would a decorated officer or special forces/ CIA operative be worth?

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dearhunter3450 For This Useful Post: