Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Daily workout suggestions for the busy schedule

Alright, I need some suggestions on workout routines that will last around 30 minutes. I don't have much more time than that with my job being in agriculture, a 10 month old baby, and working on my M.S. in Agronomy. I live in flatland Kansas, so don't have hills to climb or anything like that. All I have is a treadmill and a weight set.

I'll be elk hunting in NM this year for the first time and need to be ready to haul something out if I am lucky enough to get something. I know cardio is in order with the change in altitude being 7000-8000 feet, but what about strength training? Do people do both during one workout, split the days for weights and cardio? I'm open to any suggestions that help me shed a few pounds, but more importantly increase my stamina and ability to hunt and recover game more effectively.
    Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
    Genesis 27:3 (NKJV)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    push ups squats and pull ups. do as many as you can of each then skip to the next then sprint. just use your own body to do your squats to get things going. after your sprint rest 1 min then get back at it. after 30 min you will be dead and you will see results in no time. when this gets to easy for you put on a 20 pound vest or throw your hunting pack on filled with your gear.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I did insanity when I was really swamped with work and school. They last 35-45 minutes total.
    #KEYSTONE

TICK
    TALL, WIDE and HANDSOME

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Its hard to workout when you farm. When your working 12-14 hours a day who wants to workout after that. I kinda give up on it since Im going like crazy late spring to early fall. Usually trying to finish harvest or fall planting so I can go hunting. I think with what you do you are probably in as good or better shape already then the average guy with a non physical job that is working out.
    Keystone 1, Over!

" I am lost in the dust of the chase that my life brings"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Musket Man For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    You might want to get up and run before work. Its tough I know but I have been enjoying running every morning in the cool mornings. I still work out at the gym three afternoons a week but the early running is catching on.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    mm said it right, no conditioning like farm and ranch work. thats an entire diff type of tuff!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ivorytip For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by ivorytip View Post
    mm said it right, no conditioning like farm and ranch work. thats an entire diff type of tuff!
    I'd agree but you better be bucking hay or moving pipe not sitting in a tractor or truck for 12-14 hours pounding coca colas and sugar donuts!!
    #KEYSTONE

TICK
    TALL, WIDE and HANDSOME

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I agree with IT.. Push ups, pull ups and sit ups will go a long ways. I usually do those every day, and will do squats with my pack loaded down with about 75 pounds. Some days I'll run a few miles on the treadmill, some days I'll put it on the steepest incline it has to offer, and walk for a while with my pack on.
    In the next few weeks, I'll load my pack down, and hike around on the steepest stuff Eastern Missouri has to offer (about a 150' elevation change).

You don't have to be a world class athlete to hunt the mountains.
    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by woodtick View Post
    I'd agree but you better be bucking hay or moving pipe not sitting in a tractor or truck for 12-14 hours pounding coca colas and sugar donuts!!
    Unfortunately you are pretty close... Planting just finished up now it's spray season so I'm getting pretty comfortable in the cab... Biggest workout I get is moving chemical jugs now. Oh, and my poison of choice is dr. Pepper and peanut m&ms
    Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
    Genesis 27:3 (NKJV)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by tdcour View Post
    Unfortunately you are pretty close... Planting just finished up now it's spray season so I'm getting pretty comfortable in the cab... Biggest workout I get is moving chemical jugs now. Oh, and my poison of choice is dr. Pepper and peanut m&ms
    Sounds like a deadly combo, I love peanut m&m's!
    #KEYSTONE

TICK
    TALL, WIDE and HANDSOME