Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm pretty sold on Barnes TSX. I do like swift bullets in general as well.

I think in the .300wsm I might try the 165 tipped TSX due to smaller case and length of the barnes copper bullets in general...

Quite certain you make a good shot on an elk with a 165 or 180 it's going to do the job! good luck! shoot a monster!

PS, why 2nd guess yourself, get a .340wby with 225grTSX@3100 fps

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskyMusky View Post
    I'm pretty sold on Barnes TSX. I do like swift bullets in general as well.

I think in the .300wsm I might try the 165 tipped TSX due to smaller case and length of the barnes copper bullets in general...

Quite certain you make a good shot on an elk with a 165 or 180 it's going to do the job! good luck! shoot a monster!

PS, why 2nd guess yourself, get a .340wby with 225grTSX@3100 fps
    Thats waayyyy to much gun for me!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    They seem to open a little slower and retain weight a little better than the accubonds in my experience. Depending on what you are shooting that can be good or bad. I think the accubond delivers more shock and destroys more tissue, the swift penetrates better. They are designed to do that if you read the adds on them, both perform as advertised. Either will work great with good shot placement.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Pop shot a small bull this past season with a 270 shooting 130gr Remington swift sciroccos at 220 yards......penetrated right behind the shoulder, through both lungs and bedded in the hide of the opposite shoulder. The result was a perfect mushroom but i misplaced it and left it on the mountain. I know where it is exactly, so I will go back with a metal detector and try to find it so I can see how much weight retention it had....my guess is it will be high, 90% or more. Really liked the results!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'm no loading expert by any means. I just tried out some nosler accubonds today and can't get them to fly for me, even after two different powders, five different charges and a few different seating depths. Seems the only bullets I can get work in my gun are the hornady interbonds and Barnes tipped triple shock. So I'm a little apprehensive about spending the money on the swifts if they're not gonna work??

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I use a 270 with the swift sciroccos in 130 grain and I have had great results and typically find the bullet on the off side, just under the hide.I feel that I have a rate of 1 shot kills.