Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Moving to Colorado: Any Suggestions?

Well, the family and I are headed to Colorado. A wonderful opportunity has become available within the company I work for and I just can't pass it up.

Here's where I need your help. I have to live within an hour of the Denver airport. Given that I do 90% of my current hunting within 10 minutes of my house, I get the feeling that i may not be that fortunate in Colorado given the need to be so close to said airport.

Now, I plan to do plenty of homework over the next few months, but I could use a favor from those of you that are familiar with the area.

Anyone have a favorite town that they can recommend? Looking for smaller towns up to 30,000 population.

Thank you for any and all suggestions!

-Treestand

-Treestand

Thanks
    Congratulations
    check out Bennet or Strasburg or Something South of I-70 on Gun Club Road. All small communities well within your drive time.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    You are making the right decision about small communities. Moved from the Los Angeles area when I retired 14 years a go to a really small community. Our county has less than 30,000. There are down sides, especially for shopping, entertainment and such, but within 75 miles I can find everything I need and still enjoy the peace and quiet of a really rural lifestyle.

Good Luck
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Lucky you. The denver airport is out in the middle of the prairie. I used to travel to littleton (southern Denver metro) for business and I recall the drive to the airport being an hour. It seemed like a really nice area but probably doesn't qualify as a rural setting.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Welcome to CO, I would recommend the Longmont Loveland area just North along 25. There are areas where you can have a couple acres if you are looking for that and if you do any goose hunting you would be right in the middle of prime hunting (for a price of course).

Thanks
    Congratulations
    You have a couple threads working on this and I posted on the other, but just as a summary, the area around Longmont NW of Denver, Golden west of Denver and Parker out to Castle Rock south of Denver seem to be your best bets.

I'd move back to Colorado in a heartbeat (or maybe Montana) if most of my grandkids didn't live wiithin a few minutes drive here. It's hard to beat the West. Congratulations, man!