Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Drew Co Unit 61 3rd season Mule tag

Now the question becomes, guided or DIY...

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 5 Posts
    If you're considering it, do it! Go with the Garveys or Weimers.

http://www.weimerhunting.com

http://www.garveybrothersoutfitters.com
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    +1 on the Weimers.........

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Listen to MuleyHunter over me on that unit. Muley Hunter, will he get good private land access with those outfitters?
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    They have quite a bit of private that they can hunt on.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I've never been on a guided hunt before, but could afford to this year. Very tempting, especially since I wont have much time to scout and its a new unit to me...

I spoke with Weimers a few months back, probably give him a call today... Garveys were booked out for a few years

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Elk hunter - curious if Garvey is booked up in advance for their landowner tags only or if they have deposits for those locked in with points to draw as well. There has to be over a thousand people holding enough points to draw... So I'm not surprised either way.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by PointsHunter View Post
    Elk hunter - curious if Garvey is booked up in advance for their landowner tags only or if they have deposits for those locked in with points to draw as well.
    Exactly what I was thinking, maybe he thought you wanted a landowner tag. I have a hard time seeing them turn away a draw tag hold this soon after the draw.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Being a resident and living as close as you do to the unit, I personally wouldn't go guided. That being said, most guy's I've talked to the last couple years that have hunted 61 for deer have been really disappointed. I had a second season tag a couple years ago that went unfilled. When I drew I did the obligatory calls to those on the Huntin Fool list even though I've hunted 61 quite a bit. I talked to a half dozen or more guys and only one shot a decent 170 buck. All the others were very disappointed. So I guess if you really wanna kill a big buck then you might consider going guided. There are some big ones there but can be pretty hard to find IMO.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I travel so much for work, that I wont have any time to do the scouting justice. I also havent lived in CO very long. Even then, it all would change by the first week of November if I were able to get some scouting in here and there...

I spoke with Weimer Hunting Camp and was able to book with them. Barely, at that... I think I got one of his last spots, since he had to call me back to since others were in line ahead of me he had to speak with first.

Garvey told me they were booked until 2015 when I called them. I am guessing that other hunters that would for sure draw a tag booked them a long time ago. But, that was when I was applying, maybe things change once the results are out. I didnt bother calling them back after being told a flat no the first time