Page 16 of 84 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 836
  1. #151
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Gillette, WY
    Posts
    429
    Thanks
    347
    Thanked 105 Times in 92 Posts
    Congratulations
    78
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I didn't put in for deer or antelope this year. Try and concentrate on the kid's first year. Hopefully I picked decent areas. I am a little worried about it and want to start looking into the area he gets. I put him in for the draw on deer so hopefully it won't be a zoo. He does pretty good, but I didn't want to push it to hard and get into the really gnarly areas away from people. I might have to put in for points I guess. I have never done that for deer or antelope. I am kindof excited for elk this year, though.

  2. #152
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    colfax, wa
    Posts
    5,075
    Thanks
    1,190
    Thanked 612 Times in 536 Posts
    Congratulations
    110
    Congratulated 21 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Againstthewind View Post
    I didn't put in for deer or antelope this year. Try and concentrate on the kid's first year. Hopefully I picked decent areas. I am a little worried about it and want to start looking into the area he gets. I put him in for the draw on deer so hopefully it won't be a zoo. He does pretty good, but I didn't want to push it to hard and get into the really gnarly areas away from people. I might have to put in for points I guess. I have never done that for deer or antelope. I am kindof excited for elk this year, though.
    I understand just taking your kid huning this year but arent you a WY resident? What ya gonna do with the points? lol
    Keystone 1, Over!

    " I am lost in the dust of the chase that my life brings"

  3. #153
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Gillette, WY
    Posts
    429
    Thanks
    347
    Thanked 105 Times in 92 Posts
    Congratulations
    78
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    lol, I don't know. I obviously don't know what I am talking about. My parents live in Area 60 deer and it is almost impossible to draw and it is archery only this year I think. It apparently doesn't work that way. Oops, foot in mouth.
    Last edited by Againstthewind; 06-03-2014 at 10:25 PM.

  4. #154
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    635
    Thanks
    127
    Thanked 183 Times in 147 Posts
    Congratulations
    102
    Congratulated 5 Times in 2 Posts
    Antelope hunts are always the best way for the youngsters to start IMO. No matter what happens they can have more than one opportunity if they get nervous on the first one and you can ease them in if you have too.

  5. #155
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    colfax, wa
    Posts
    5,075
    Thanks
    1,190
    Thanked 612 Times in 536 Posts
    Congratulations
    110
    Congratulated 21 Times in 9 Posts
    Antelope are always a fun hunt, even for us big kids
    Keystone 1, Over!

    " I am lost in the dust of the chase that my life brings"

  6. #156
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    635
    Thanks
    127
    Thanked 183 Times in 147 Posts
    Congratulations
    102
    Congratulated 5 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    Antelope are always a fun hunt, even for us big kids
    I thought that was common knowledge

  7. #157
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Gillette, WY
    Posts
    429
    Thanks
    347
    Thanked 105 Times in 92 Posts
    Congratulations
    78
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by libidilatimmy View Post
    Antelope hunts are always the best way for the youngsters to start IMO. No matter what happens they can have more than one opportunity if they get nervous on the first one and you can ease them in if you have too.
    Thanks, it should be fun. We got the stock fitting him better with a cheek rest and he is shooting pretty well. I am kindof impressed. Its a lot different with an animal in the sights.

  8. #158
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Gillette, WY
    Posts
    429
    Thanks
    347
    Thanked 105 Times in 92 Posts
    Congratulations
    78
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Any suggestions on how to calm the nerves?

  9. #159
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    colfax, wa
    Posts
    5,075
    Thanks
    1,190
    Thanked 612 Times in 536 Posts
    Congratulations
    110
    Congratulated 21 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by libidilatimmy View Post
    I thought that was common knowledge
    You would be surprised. lol
    Keystone 1, Over!

    " I am lost in the dust of the chase that my life brings"

  10. #160
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    colfax, wa
    Posts
    5,075
    Thanks
    1,190
    Thanked 612 Times in 536 Posts
    Congratulations
    110
    Congratulated 21 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Againstthewind View Post
    Any suggestions on how to calm the nerves?
    Wish I could help but still working on that one myself
    Keystone 1, Over!

    " I am lost in the dust of the chase that my life brings"

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •