Page 16 of 84 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I didn't put in for deer or antelope this year. Try and concentrate on the kid's first year. Hopefully I picked decent areas. I am a little worried about it and want to start looking into the area he gets. I put him in for the draw on deer so hopefully it won't be a zoo. He does pretty good, but I didn't want to push it to hard and get into the really gnarly areas away from people. I might have to put in for points I guess. I have never done that for deer or antelope. I am kindof excited for elk this year, though.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Againstthewind View Post
    I didn't put in for deer or antelope this year. Try and concentrate on the kid's first year. Hopefully I picked decent areas. I am a little worried about it and want to start looking into the area he gets. I put him in for the draw on deer so hopefully it won't be a zoo. He does pretty good, but I didn't want to push it to hard and get into the really gnarly areas away from people. I might have to put in for points I guess. I have never done that for deer or antelope. I am kindof excited for elk this year, though.
    I understand just taking your kid huning this year but arent you a WY resident? What ya gonna do with the points? lol
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

Thanks
    Congratulations
    lol, I don't know. I obviously don't know what I am talking about. My parents live in Area 60 deer and it is almost impossible to draw and it is archery only this year I think. It apparently doesn't work that way. Oops, foot in mouth.
    Last edited by Againstthewind; 06-03-2014 at 11:25 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 21 Times in 3 Posts
    Antelope hunts are always the best way for the youngsters to start IMO. No matter what happens they can have more than one opportunity if they get nervous on the first one and you can ease them in if you have too.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Antelope are always a fun hunt, even for us big kids
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 21 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    Antelope are always a fun hunt, even for us big kids
    I thought that was common knowledge

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by libidilatimmy View Post
    Antelope hunts are always the best way for the youngsters to start IMO. No matter what happens they can have more than one opportunity if they get nervous on the first one and you can ease them in if you have too.
    Thanks, it should be fun. We got the stock fitting him better with a cheek rest and he is shooting pretty well. I am kindof impressed. Its a lot different with an animal in the sights.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Any suggestions on how to calm the nerves?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by libidilatimmy View Post
    I thought that was common knowledge
    You would be surprised. lol

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Againstthewind View Post
    Any suggestions on how to calm the nerves?
    Wish I could help but still working on that one myself