Page 52 of 84 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 23 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by libidilatimmy View Post
    Well, now you get to find a new one and start the journey all over again!
    I think I will next spring! I still have 1 dog. She is close to 11 but still in really good shape. I had a husky that I took back to the shelter she came from because she killed a calf a month or so ago.Wish I had never took her in the first place. Whet from 3 dogs to 1 in a hurry. Wish I had brought a dog home from the ranch I hunted in WY last year. I dont usually take to dogs like that but I did to this one. They were looking for someone to take him too but I thought I had tomany dogs already at the time. I figure the right one will find me when Im ready!
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    The Buffalo in the happy hunting ground better look out cuz they got a new dog to keep them in line now. I guess going in your sleep on a nice night laying in 1 of your favorite places under a 65 Ford pickup is about as good as anyone can hope for. Doesnt seem like its been 12 years since she was 6 weeks old.
    Sry for your loss MM

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to marcusvdk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think I will next spring! I still have 1 dog. She is close to 11 but still in really good shape. I had a husky that I took back to the shelter she came from because she killed a calf a month or so ago.Wish I had never took her in the first place. Whet from 3 dogs to 1 in a hurry. Wish I had brought a dog home from the ranch I hunted in WY last year. I dont usually take to dogs like that but I did to this one. They were looking for someone to take him too but I thought I had tomany dogs already at the time. I figure the right one will find me when Im ready!
    Just remember the good times amd her good life. In the spring probably a good time for new dog for you since the summer and fall will be busy with your nevada tag. Who have breed preference.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to marcusvdk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    It will be a herding breed. heeler, border collie, aussie, mcnab, maybe a cross of some of those. Definitely want a puppy 8 weeks old or less. Older dogs just never seem to come out quite the same as a pup.
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 22 Times in 2 Posts
    It will be a herding breed. heeler, border collie, aussie, mcnab, maybe a cross of some of those. Definitely want a puppy 8 weeks old or less. Older dogs just never seem to come out quite the same as a pup.
    MM, Sorry for your loss man. Dogs are hard to let go sometimes. Sounds like she went the way I'd prefer to go myself.

We had 14 border collies on our cattle farm at one time. Talk about a handful! They are one of the best breeds I've ever been around though. We have also have had Auss cattle dogs, blue heelers, a basset hound and now a Pudelpointer. All have been great, the Pudelpointers only 12 weeks old. Had him since 8 weeks. Obviously the basset isn't a cattle dog, and neither is the Pudelpointer. But we are out of the cattle business now. So they're just pets/hunting dog. I'm partial to the herding breeds and would own another in a heartbeat.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America!!"
    - Charlie Daniels

"Most democrats in WY are not like other democrats (they actually like babies, guns, and the constitution)"
    - AT Hiker

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobbhunts For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 19 Times in 3 Posts
    My brother has a border collie that pheasant hunts with us. She finds as many rabbits and squirrels as birds, but she sure does try hard!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to libidilatimmy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 1 Post
    Sorry for your loss MM. They are much more then just a animal. My best hunting partner ever was a English Cocker. I loved that little dog and I still remember how excited he was to hunt and some fantastic retrieves he made that amazed all that hunted over him. No dog could ever replace him but they do make it easier and have there unique ways. I can't tell you how many times I heard a big guy like you hunts with a little dog like that lol! That pup truly kicked butt in the field.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dearhunter3450 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I am the most attached to the dog I have left now of all the dogs I have ever had. The one that just went was her mother and my dog that went a few years ago was her father so I have had her since she was born. She is the most faithful and obedient dog I have ever seen. I named her Shae because I was I was ML hunting on Shay mountain in Utah when she was born. She is my once on a lifetime dog and I dont think I will ever have another like her. I was hoping to breed her and keep a pup but I think she is to old now and I never found a dog to breed her to. She is related to the first dog I ever had and goes back to dogs my grandfather had 35-40 years ago.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    That is really cool.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Againstthewind For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 27 Times in 5 Posts
    MM, sorry to hear about your pup. Working dogs of all breeds are fantastic animals, I love to watch a bird dog work. Saw a video the other day, Australian guy with his dog pushing sheep into pins. He yelled a command and that dog literally ran on the backs of the sheep, dropped in and cut the flock in half. I'm a little partial to hounds now, I have 6 and a GSP. Had a mutt for 11 years that would flush and retrieve chukar/quail and retrieve ducks, geese and a swan once. He went pro in dock jumping too, 24' 2" was his best. I'll never be able to replace OSO, one of a kind dog/best friend

17. The Following User Says Thank You to JasonGNV For This Useful Post: