Page 82 of 84 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have a new girlfriend up there...
    Most of the info I get is available but not published. Some requires a simple email or phone call, others require a public info request, and as we discussed the other day, some info I payed the dept to create per WY Statute.

The effect of the LO tags can be shown in the previous post. They come right off the top after the res/nr 84/16 allotments. After the LO tags are drawn, they recalculate the remainder and split 40/60 so depending on how many tags the LO's get, it can impact the regular/special quantities. We can't get the LO numbers prior to our draw because it's all one process; best we can do is look at previous years info and guestimate.
    There's no limit to the number of LO tags they can draw for a given hunt code. Buzz has mentioned this several times. If enough different LO's apply for the same hunt, they could draw every tag.
    Last edited by WapitiBob; 06-17-2014 at 02:18 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Do NR LO tags come from the NR pool and R LO tags come from the R pool? Im not understanding where PP's come in here? It seems like the LO tags would only be a draw if there were more LO apps then there were tags.
    Keystone 1, Over!

" I am lost in the dust of the chase that my life brings"

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WapitiBob View Post
    I have a new girlfriend up there...
    Most of the info I get is available but not published. Some requires a simple email or phone call, others require a public info request, and as we discussed the other day, some info I payed the dept to create per WY Statute.

The effect of the LO tags can be shown in the previous post. They come right off the top after the res/nr 84/16 allotments. After the LO tags are drawn, they recalculate the remainder and split 40/60 so depending on how many tags the LO's get, it can impact the regular/special quantities. We can't get the LO numbers prior to our draw because it's all one process; best we can do is look at previous years info and guestimate.
    There's no limit to the number of LO tags they can draw for a given hunt code. Buzz has mentioned this several times. If enough different LO's apply for the same hunt, they could draw every tag.
    Yep, I know you have a new girl up there. I think you drove the other one to find another position with all the info. requestsyou wre asking her for, LOL! Just kidding! Anyway, it's as I thought and mentioned that the LOs can take all the tags depending on the unit and number of tags to be issued. It's really even more of a guessing game on this LO deal than looking at the actual black and white stat sheet because we have no idea how many people that have saved PPs will enter the draw in a given year or where they will try to use them when they do apply. Thanks and please check your email and see if you can answer the question I asked regarding the antelope 82-1 draw in 2013 that looks screwy!
    Last edited by Topgun 30-06; 06-17-2014 at 02:40 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    Do NR LO tags come from the NR pool and R LO tags come from the R pool? Im not understanding where PP's come in here? It seems like the LO tags would only be a draw if there were more LO apps then there were tags.
    Yes, the tags are taken from each of those pools as you have stated before the draws that are posted on the website are done. As I understand it, Bob is saying that the percentages used are just to separate the tags into the various pools that the Wyoming statute requires. As he stated, there are actually no maximum numbers when the LO tags are actually taken out of those pools as there is when the actual pool numbers are figured out using the percentages required in the statute for each draw itself (60/40, etc.). The draws may not have anything left in one of those pools if there are more landowner requests than tags. I would assume if that happens they would have a random draw amongst the resident landowners or by PPs in the NRs pools, but that is just a guess and I may be way off base.
    Last edited by Topgun 30-06; 06-17-2014 at 02:42 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Topgun 30-06 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    This may have already been explained, but I don't have time while watching 2 small children to read 82 pages of a thread! Looking at the LO allotments today got me real confused on how they're figured. My particular tag had a quota of 40 NR tags. There were 33 1st choice applications, and 2 2nd choice applications. For Res, the quota was 217. There were 199 1st choice apps and 25 2nd choice apps.

The leftover pool showed 17. How? I called the G&F, and the lady said she had no idea why. She said that NR should have sold 35 of their 40, and Res should have sold all of theirs. There should either be 5 LO, or none, depending on whether they sell the LO NR to Res who did not draw. Help please.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Short answer, you can't accurately judge the lo tag distribution by looking at the draw odds reports.
    As mentioned above, the lo tags are gone before those reports are even created.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by MOHunter View Post
    This may have already been explained, but I don't have time while watching 2 small children to read 82 pages of a thread! Looking at the LO allotments today got me real confused on how they're figured. My particular tag had a quota of 40 NR tags. There were 33 1st choice applications, and 2 2nd choice applications. For Res, the quota was 217. There were 199 1st choice apps and 25 2nd choice apps.

The leftover pool showed 17. How? I called the G&F, and the lady said she had no idea why. She said that NR should have sold 35 of their 40, and Res should have sold all of theirs. There should either be 5 LO, or none, depending on whether they sell the LO NR to Res who did not draw. Help please.

See my PM to you on your question!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Is LO landowner or leftover? I'm referring to leftover tags.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by MOHunter View Post
    Is LO landowner or leftover? I'm referring to leftover tags.
    Normally when we refer to LO we are talking about land owner tags and that's what the last few posts in this thread have been talking about. I reread your first post and I now understand what you're asking about. The reason there are more leftovers than you think there should be in that unit is that just because it shows a number of second choice applicants on a line doesn't mean they drew that tag. They may have drawn their first choice, so whatever number is in that column can't really be subtracted from the totals you mentioned to know what will be left because you don't know how many tags did or didn't go to those second choice applicants.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Topgun 30-06 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Pm sent to TopGun ....