Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 3 Posts
    [QUOTE=velvetfvr;96864]
    Quote Originally Posted by MOHunter View Post

Well I shoot at the range targets that are probably 4 foot tall and 4 feet wide or so. Just to make sure I don't loose any arrows. But I will have to take my rhinehart block out and shoot 80.

Good group, I like to try and get 4" or smaller. Ideally 2 if I am on my game. But 8" or lower is a good group IMO.
    That's crazy good, I didn't even know that's possible. I don't shoot that good at 40 yards right now. I doubt my bow set up is capable of shooting that well.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 5 Posts
    [QUOTE=Timberstalker;96868]
    Quote Originally Posted by velvetfvr View Post

That's crazy good, I didn't even know that's possible. I don't shoot that good at 40 yards right now.
    The bow you got now, did you go and shoot a bunch before buying it? Is the DL correct? Are you overbowed? Is the spine weak? Is the bow in tune?

As you can tell right now and I am sure you know, all these things can add up and affect accuracy.
    2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out and 2013 pse omen max 60# stormy hardwoods green
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Scott longhorn 3, Easton FMJ's

AKA: Velvet Feather

Thanks
    Congratulations
    [QUOTE=velvetfvr;96870]
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberstalker View Post

The bow you got now, did you go and shoot a bunch before buying it? Is the DL correct? Are you overbowed? Is the spine weak? Is the bow in tune?

As you can tell right now and I am sure you know, all these things can add up and affect accuracy.
    I shot it 3 times before I bought it. I had all three arrows touching fletching @ 20 yards and walked out the door with it. I don't know what my DL is, how would you know if your overbowed and I don't even know what spine is??
    I have had it tuned reciantly though!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    i agree guys i have a range in my yard to 80 yards that is all i can get. but shooting at that range all the time makes your hunting ranges seem so easy. I love to practice especially with buddies. I like the competitive feel makes me concentrate harder. When that bull walks out in September i know i will hit him and don't have to think about it, it is just natural.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to wa-hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I can see it being much more entertaining with buddies.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thanks for the tips and comments guys. I'm going to go shoot my bow now, catch up with ya later!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberstalker View Post
    Because I'm a hunter, in Oregon if you don't draw a rifle tag the only OTC hunts im most eastern Oregon units are bow hunts. I have become pretty good at calling in bulls the last few years too, so that's another reason why I like bow hunting. I just haven't found as much joy in shooting as I do hunting. It's the same story for rifles for me, but rifles are way more forgiving than bows. I've always been more hunter than shooter.

I have to admit, a 3D shoot is intimidating to me, but I have considered trying it. I have shot with my cousins in situations like that an I tend to hold my own around them. Thanks Fink
    I feel the same way. I need to improve my skills, but its intimidating to go to long range ranges and lose arrows. It seems like there is always a pro there, but the3-D deals super fun and really improve skills like learning angles and judging distance. The people here are super nice and I expect they are where you are. I am in the same boat. It is hard to get motivated to go out and do it. My eleven year old loves it, and bless his heart he is kindof a spazz. I guess we both just have to suck it up buttercup like my wife likes to say. I might need lessons on calling them in. Archery hunting here seems a lot more appealing because of the bugling and fewer hunters, so I also need to work on some of the longer distances like people were saying.

That's pretty impressive killing a bull your first time out archery.
    Last edited by Againstthewind; 06-03-2014 at 05:34 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Againstthewind For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 5 Posts
    [QUOTE=Timberstalker;96874]
    Quote Originally Posted by velvetfvr View Post

I shot it 3 times before I bought it. I had all three arrows touching fletching @ 20 yards and walked out the door with it. I don't know what my DL is, how would you know if your overbowed and I don't even know what spine is??
    I have had it tuned reciantly though!
    Where did you buy the bow from?
    2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out and 2013 pse omen max 60# stormy hardwoods green
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Scott longhorn 3, Easton FMJ's

AKA: Velvet Feather

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'm going to turn this into a post padding thread! I thought I was done for the day but I have to wait to load a truck before I can get out of here.

Velvet, I bought it from a reputable local bow shop. They sold me exactly what I was asking for, an inexpensive, reliable hunting bow. I have had it fo 3 years now and not touched much on it. I have adjusted the sights here and there but for the most part is just like it was when I walked out with it. I killed a bull with it the first season I hunted with it and haven't hunted with it since. It hung on the wall all year last year, I may have shot it a few times, but not much at all.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Againstthewind, I need to clarify, the bull I killed with my currant bow was not my first time out. I have been bow hunting for years with many of those years being unssuccesful. I had just bought a new bow that year.

It's also nice to know I'm not the only one who struggles with a bow.
    Last edited by Timberstalker; 06-03-2014 at 05:47 PM.