Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Colorado unit 54 hunt....

I will be hunting this unit with a buddy for first rifle season.. I have never been to this area except looking at maps online. I plan to make 2-3 scouting trips up there this year before the season. just curious of what you guys would suggest. I am not saying for honey holes or what but just areas to look at. We will be backpacking in and plan to hike in 3-4 miles in then camp and hunt from there.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    It's steep....better be in shape!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    If you can manage the first 1/2 mile you might want to check out up around Squirrel Creek. Make sure you're on FS land if you run into animals (ranchers patrol their fences and will not let you retrieve an animal if it drops dead on their side of the fence!) That 3 to 4 miles would be about right, too. I hiked in daily which is brutal but I did not find sign anywhere else in the whole unit til Thur before the 1st rifle started and then it was too late to pack in a spike camp. Packed the raghorn out in 3 trips. Good luck. Remember what I said about that first 1/2 mile...
    Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live. M.T.