View Poll Results: Do you wear Hunter Orange when hunting in Nevada?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, All Big game Seasons and Bird seasons

3 15.79%
  • Yes but only For Bird Season

3 15.79%
  • Yes but my hunting clothes are orange anyway.

0 0%
  • No and I don't want to either.

13 68.42%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 12 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by velvetfvr View Post
    I can definitely see it being a law during a gun season and smart to wear it.
    Let me be clear, I never said it should be a law, just I could see why states would make it a law though.
    2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out and 2013 pse omen max 60# stormy hardwoods green
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Scott longhorn 3, Easton FMJ's

AKA: Velvet Feather

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 27 Times in 5 Posts
    I'm glad it's not law in NV. If I go to a state that requires it I will wear orange. I'm uncertain about the debate on if game can see it, lots of animals taken every year by hunters in orange. It's obviously in place in some states for a reason. More hunters = more chance of an accident. It's my personal preference and all my buddies as well

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 21 Times in 2 Posts
    I wear it in bird season, but thats because my bird vest happens to be orange lol. I don't think it should be law, but if someone wants to wear it... More power to 'em!
    2012 Bowtech Insanity CPXL
    TT Xtreme FC Pro
    Custom Black Gold Ascent 4 pin
    GT Velocity 300's tipped with 125 Shuttle t's weighing 490 grains!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I try and wear a hat or at least some piece of orange something. Too many yahoos out there.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 11 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    NO, but hell no! Packing and animal out is the only reason I can see to justify it.

Here in Colorado M/L hunters have to wear orange and its during archery season when they all camo up. Don't really have any problem with the M/L's shooting at the archers in their camo that I know of. Never wore any camo in California in 60 years of hunting either. The Colorado situation really frosts me. I wear orange so the archery guys can see me (and my gun), but they wear camo and I can't see them.....don't make a lot of sense. Somebody enlighten me!

The bad thing is that I believe that the deer, elk, antelope, etc can see the orange. The experts say it looks white to them, but no matter how they perceive it, it is not natural and they see it.
    The whole CO law making muzzy hunters where orange is Kinda funny since all the bow hunters Are in camo??? It would make more sense for the bow hunters to wear orange. Not that I support that. I wish CO would at least change the requirement to just an orange hat if they won't change the whole thing. Goofy...

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 21 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nvarcher View Post
    I wear it in bird season, but thats because my bird vest happens to be orange lol. I don't think it should be law, but if someone wants to wear it... More power to 'em!
    Pretty much the same thing I was going to say when I got done reading all the other quotes.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 68 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by libidilatimmy View Post
    If you're not required to wear it, it seems prudent to at least have some with you for various reasons. Especially when packing game out, and double especially when you have horns/antlers strapped to a pack.

On a side note, when packing out antlers on your back, always turn the rack DOWN to make it look as unnatural as possible. You never know what angle another hunter may see those things from where the hunter could be almost totally obscured.
    I have a blaze orange flap that hold the load on to my pack when I'm packing out. I think it's a great idea to at least use it when packing.
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.