Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    First time ever that we were unable to draw our second choice archery deer. There has ALWAYS been left over deer tags for that unit but no more. A sure sign as to what to look forward to in the future. I knew from the scuttlebutt that the CPW might be "adjusting" the way the Preference Points were used for the next five year season structure that panic might set in and a lot of guys might start using up their Preference Points. Looks as if this came true. Time to enlist a new game plan.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    It is funny some of you guys think point creep was bad this year. Just wait to see some REAL point leap next year - if point banking comes back plan on all units that currently take around or under 15 points for point leap to go up by 3-5 points in one year. With all the points saved up especially NR hunters will see a point leap unlike ever seen before.

If you have not already let the CWP know that you do not want to see this please do. It is a stupid tried and failed idea.

Folks still just do not understand what will happen if point banking is reinstated. Again point banking will not effect me at all or the LO tags my family/friends will get is the same this year and will go up next yr - so I will be hunting while gaining a point but if you rely on the draw dont doubt that next year if banking is brought back - that unit you are looking at is guaranteed to take 3-5 more points to draw than it did this year.

So to some of you that did not draw under banking - you are now looking at a 5 year wait until you will have enough points to draw as banking will increase the number of points needed to draw by that much. Yea some folks if banking comes back are going to have to change strategies big time or keep building points until 2020 to hunt a unit that they were close to drawing this year.
    Last edited by ColoradoV; 06-05-2014 at 06:57 AM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I agree point breaking will really cause things to change I do think that's why more guys jumped in the draw this year.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Point breaking is only good for the state coffers, not sportsman.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
    Point breaking is only good for the state coffers, not sportsman.
    Yea I just wish Colorado would say anytime you hunt you loose your points. Hunt any Bull, Buck, cow, doe or anything else you hunt you loose your points. LO vouchers use your points, OTC tags use your points, type B tags, and leftover tags use your points.

If they did that the point creep would be solved. Too many ways right now to hunt and still build points thus the point creep problem.

Point banking is pry actually good for me individually and my family as we have a lot of points and a way to build even more points but overall for most hunters it is a totally asinine idea.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoV View Post
    Yea I just wish Colorado would say anytime you hunt you loose your points. Hunt any Bull, Buck, cow, doe or anything else you hunt you loose your points. LO vouchers use your points, OTC tags use your points, type B tags, and leftover tags use your points.

If they did that the point creep would be solved. Too many ways right now to hunt and still build points thus the point creep problem.

Point banking is pry actually good for me individually and my family as we have a lot of points and a way to build even more points but overall for most hunters it is a totally asinine idea.
    I don't agree with your statement about "you hunt, you lose your points". I like the way it is setup so you can buy a point as a first choice, then apply for a lesser tag so you still hunt. I do it a lot, especially for a cow tag, while I can still build my points for a better tag later down the road. If you really want a "fair" system, all points should be done away with completely and a lottery draw reestablished. But....it will never happen because of the extra money the points generate.

Just sayin..............
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Colorado Cowboy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 5 Posts
    I like being able to draw 2nd choice without using your points too. Not that I have been trying to draw 2nd choice lately but it doesnt seem right to loose your points for a tag that had tags left after 1st choices were filled.
    Keystone 1, Over!

" I am lost in the dust of the chase that my life brings"

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Musket Man For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Yea As i said i build points every year and hunt as well. Us hunters sure want to have our cake and eat it too! That is the root of the problem and point banking will not solve this problem as long as CWP is getting paid to dish out more points than can ever be used.....

I also just don't believe hunters want to solve the point creep problem for the very reasons / feelings you outlined and I believe you will see a giant point leap due to theses failed policies of CWP and failed expectations of hunters who have to hunt every year while building points. History as well as real numbers tell us the hunting every year while bulking points is not possible without the associated point creep.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Muleys 24/7 View Post
    Not to change the topic but has the elk and deer refunds been sent out already? I put in so many places I can't even remember. I know I just received the sheep and moose refunds a couple weeks ago.
    I received my elk refund two days ago. I have not received my deer refund.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Edub View Post
    Nice, thanks Adam. I have a favor though, no matter how much I feel i understand when it comes down to reading the hunt recap sheets I always end up confusing myself. Is there anyone on this board that would be wiling to take the time, and mark up a hunt recap sheet with exactly what that info means and how to decipher it? I know its a lot to ask but we could all use it as a cheat sheet for many years to come. Thanks in advance.
    If you have a unit you would like to know the stats on I can look it up and tell you how many points it took to draw.