Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    SSS, especially the last S, as our Fish & Game works with the HSUS and loves treating hunters as criminals. Been hunting this state for over 30 years, F & G has yet to stand WITH the hunting public on anything of this nature, expect this trend to continue.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BossBrott For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 11 Times in 1 Post
    CA is a predator friendly state in more ways then just wolfs and cats. even if kids where killed by wolfs or cats it would be blamed on hunters for killing all the deer. this is the end game if the deer population is reduced they will be protected and no more hunting HSUS wins
    Trying like hell to live the dream

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dustin ray For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Washington isnt far behind. They put alot of restrictions on cat hunting and when they were given the green light to manage wolves in the eastern part of the state when they were delisted in Idaho they went and declared them endangered within the state....... Also talked to someone recently who believes wolves were secretly released in a wildlife refuge about 50 miles from here.
    Keystone 1, Over!

" I am lost in the dust of the chase that my life brings"

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Was California in the wolves original range. If so then there is their excuse.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by quicknick View Post
    Was California in the wolves original range. If so then there is their excuse.
    I'm pretty sure there were wolves there and grizzlies too, they are on the state flag. Hell maybe they will stock some grizzs too!
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by BossBrott View Post
    SSS, especially the last S, as our Fish & Game works with the HSUS and loves treating hunters as criminals. Been hunting this state for over 30 years, F & G has yet to stand WITH the hunting public on anything of this nature, expect this trend to continue.
    Generally I agree with this but in this case DFW did not believe the wolf should be listed and stated that publicly which actually surprised me. It was the Fish and Wildlife Commission that made the decision and they consist of political appointees that are choosen by the Governor.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    I'm pretty sure there were wolves there and grizzlies too, they are on the state flag. Hell maybe they will stock some grizzs too!
    We might as well. Then all the predators can hunt each other when there's no more deer or elk.
    -NRA Life Member
    -Wild Sheep Foundation, <1 club

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by packer58 View Post
    Thanks Oregon for letting OR7 get across the border in the first place !!!!
    Unfortunately WA, OR and CA are the LEFT coast and it will take a miracle for any reasonable management strategy to ever be put into place.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Umpqua Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I believe OR-7 is a wolf from Canada/Yukon/Alaska. Which is a much different wolf than originally ran around here. I think the last one was killed in Trinity county in 1924; correct me if I'm wrong. The original grizzly here was also not as big as the Alaskan brown bear, but that wouldn't stop these loons here from trying to introduce them here. If your kids get eaten it is your fault.
    Living here is hard

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jrod For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I knew about the grizzlies. I am originally from San Luis Obispo area and theres tons of stories about grizzlies eating the people that worked at the mission there lol.

I googled the wolf issue and realized that there is a california wolf center....REALLY! One wolf visits the state for a couple weeks and people start up a california wolf center. Seems a little extreme with no solid population of WOLVES.