Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 23 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrod View Post
    I believe OR-7 is a wolf from Canada/Yukon/Alaska. Which is a much different wolf than originally ran around here. I think the last one was killed in Trinity county in 1924; correct me if I'm wrong. The original grizzly here was also not as big as the Alaskan brown bear, but that wouldn't stop these loons here from trying to introduce them here. If your kids get eaten it is your fault.
    Living here is hard
    All of the wolves we have now other the mexican wolves down south are canadian wolves and are much different and alot bigger then the original wolves in this country
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    All of the wolves we have now other the mexican wolves down south are canadian wolves and are much different and alot bigger then the original wolves in this country
    yep, MM, I think a bit bigger than a coyote and the grizz was similar in size to a large black bear. And the wolf center nonsense, never heard of that P.O.S. Those people should be donating that energy towards a childrens hospital or something.
    Last edited by Jrod; 06-05-2014 at 11:37 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 23 Times in 10 Posts
    Yeah they werent much bigger then a coyote. There were a few in yellowstone until they introduces the canadians and the canadians killed all of them....
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 8 Times in 1 Post
    I believe the biggest reason mountain lions are protected in this state is because they are solitary, nocturnal hunters. Very few are ever seen by people. The left wing majority of people in this state thinks that because they've never seen one, they must be rare, and endangered. If they ever do see one face to face, they might think differently.

As for the wolves, people love them because they are photogenic, and look like dogs. Organizations like the Sierra Club and PETA can use photos of wolves to generate millions of dollars. Money they will use to lobby against hunting. Never mind the fact that wolves are cold blooded pack hunters that devastate every ecosystem where they have been reintroduced.

Unless there is better education here in this state regarding predators, and their impact on the ecosystem, we don't have a chance in hell.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Even with education, the lovely people in this land of fruits and nuts wouldn't want you to shoot a cute cuddly mountain lion. When do they actually let facts and science be the basis for legislation?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    You all have it 100% correct!california will let the kids get eaten first,and they still wont change it.lions need to be hunted ,there out of control like rats!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    In 1866, a grizzly weighing 2,200 pounds (1,000 kg) was killed in Valley Center, California, the biggest bear ever found in California,[1] unsurpassed until John Lang shot the world's biggest bear — 2,320 pounds (1,050 kg) — near his ranch by Canyon Country, in 1873.[2]

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 17 Times in 3 Posts
    I will be the first to volunteer and spearhead a live trapping program here in Wyoming to relocate our darling wolves to the land of the Kardashians! If they want to protect them then they can have ALL of them, oh, and they can foot the bill for the program. The rancher that I rent my house from was sitting in my kitchen the other day having coffee with my wife and I and telling us how many lambs and calves he has lost this spring to wolves and grizzlies, the number was way over one hundred on lambs and fifty one or two on calves. He figures that it was mostly wolves due to the sign (tracks) left but this last week has been battling three different Grizz on separate parts of his spread. I truly feel for those of you hunting brethren living on the left coast. That is the reason I left Michigan, too many crazy liberals. I think Garrison Keillor put it best; "If you are under thirty and do not have liberal leanings then you have no heart, if you are over thirty and still a liberal then you have no brain!"

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grizz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Apparition View Post
    In 1866, a grizzly weighing 2,200 pounds (1,000 kg) was killed in Valley Center, California, the biggest bear ever found in California,[1] unsurpassed until John Lang shot the world's biggest bear — 2,320 pounds (1,050 kg) — near his ranch by Canyon Country, in 1873.[2]
    I did a little research and they were one of the largest, if not thee largest subspecies of grizzly. There is one mounted at a museum here in California and I was using that as my knowledge of size. It is probably a 400 pounder.
    Then I see there are loons out there that really are working on an effort to restore grizzlies; truly is the land of fruits and nuts out here. I want to say it was on a site called "counterpunch". I have got to get out of here

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I suggest that we start the "Pet for a Day Program". The program will be open only to PETA Members, HSUS, Members, actors, actresses, and know nothing politicians. Each selected applicant will get to spend 24 hours in a locked cage with his or her choice of a wolf, mountain lion, or a grizzly!
    Last edited by Sawfish; 06-09-2014 at 03:51 PM.
    Patron Life Member, NRA; Life Member RMEF, SCI, NAHHC, NSRPA

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sawfish For This Useful Post: