Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 3 Posts
    i have done so much research and came up with the white river nf, has the biggest heard tons of public, checked out all the stats on % of success bull cow ratio and others and come up with this area but with all the drop camps and outfitters in the area, i don't know if i should stick to this area such as the whole white river nf or look for a total different area. there are a lot of outfitters in the area when i looked for outfitters in the area. Now i need advise on what i should do on a unit or just hunt it. Does anyone have any ideas for me? If you don't want to say it on the thread, pm me if that works. thanks guys

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 6 Posts
    If your going OTC I wouldnt worry about it tomuch. Go hunting and have a good time! There is some awesome country around there!
    Keystone 1, Over!

" I am lost in the dust of the chase that my life brings"

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It also has the most hunters of anywhere in Colorado. I get a leftover tag for cows as almost everyone I know does up there and the rifle seasons are the busiest hunting I have ever experienced. Period.

There are much better otc options in colorado that the flat tops and while it is good country and there are elk expect to see as you will see more hunters that you ever have hunting.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Lot's of elk equal lot's of hunters. There are way better choices than the Flattops but it's beautiful country and you'll probably never see as many elk as you will there (although most will be cows). It's worth hunting if only once in your life. Go for it and enjoy yourself but go with the mind frame that you won't be alone.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    The flattops are well known for early October snow storms. If you're planning a backpack hunt in the flattops, be prepared for the possibility of getting dumped on and stuck wherever you are when the storm rolls in.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    it seems like all the wilderness areas in colorado and even lots of other states thats where all the outfitters go if they dont have a ton of private to hunt for there clients and i dont blame them becasue they have horses and can get in there a ways.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 6 Posts
    I think there is more demand for guides in wilderness areas because the only access is on foot or horses/mules and alot of hunters dont have their own horses and are more willing to pay a guide for their service in a wilderness then an area with 4x4/ATV access.
    Keystone 1, Over!

" I am lost in the dust of the chase that my life brings"

Thanks
    Congratulations
    i think you are a 100% on that MM

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 14 Times in 3 Posts
    We hunt the flat tops every year with horses and there is no getting away from the people. There are lots of outfitters and lots of drop camps but there are also lots of elk. You have to learn how to use that pressure to your advantage. Lots of people believe that after the first shots are fired that all of the elk run to the private land but that is not the case. They head to the dark timber on the north facing slopes where it is very difficult to find them. Good luck.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    good information granby