Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wallow wildfire

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Went with some buddies that had the tag. I live in unit 1. Give this unit a few years and its going to explode with huge bulls. Saw some monsters this year but with a few year that burn is going to produce some giants. The archery hunt started far to early this year and the rut a little slow and now just picking up for the rifle hunt. In a whole bunch of places where they had thinned the forest the fire did a lot of good burning all the under growth and blow downs. I cant wait for another tag. Ive lived here all my life and only had 2 elk tags and only one in unit 1 and it was an archery hunt in November but as u can see in my avatar if u do ur homework u can kill a monster on any hunt in this unit.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 16 Times in 6 Posts
    Shane: Thanks for the good info. I am really trying to sort out whether to draw next year or hold out a year or two longer. Nice predicament to be in...

Arizona's Mogollon Rim and White Mountains
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Umpqua Hunter, you can go to the Arizona Dept. of Game and Fish's website, AZGFD.gov, and see the results of previous hunting seasons. They also put out a very nice book with all sorts of data that is great.
    “We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities;…” -George W. “Nessmuk” Sears-