Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 6 Posts
    CC, smokeless ML's and scopes are legal in NE. Quite different regs from CO.
    Keystone 1, Over!

" I am lost in the dust of the chase that my life brings"

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    CC, smokeless ML's and scopes are legal in NE. Quite different regs from CO.
    That's crazy...why even have a M/L season!

Just cause you front stuff powder doesn't make a M/L IMHO. Gotta be black powder or a legit substitute. No wonder you read about people who blow up regular M/Ls using smokeless.
    Last edited by Colorado Cowboy; 06-06-2014 at 06:58 AM.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    That's crazy...why even have a M/L season!

Just cause you front stuff powder doesn't make a M/L IMHO. Gotta be black powder or a legit substitute. No wonder you read about people who blow up regular M/Ls using smokeless.
    It makes you shoot better on the first shot. lol. Savage makes a ML for smokeless powder.

In NE you can use smokeless and a scope and all I want is to be able to use a 209 here in WA! HAHA!
    Keystone 1, Over!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I knew Savage did, but I really never thought a lot about it. Just thought it was something that people liked to experiment with...not hunt during M/L seasons.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 8 Times in 3 Posts
    I live in Nebraska... ML season is a second rifle season pretty much. With a good scope and practice, I can shoot 250 yards with my in-line CVA. With 209 primers, pyrodex pellets, and power belt bullets, you can make fairly quick follow up shots..lol. IMO the game and parks here is just trying to spread out the hunting pressure since we only have one 9 day firearm season for deer. The deer hunting is what drives the regulations for all the other species so you "muzzleloader" antelope hunt turns into basically another rifle hunt with fewer people in the field.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Whether it's a smokeless or a black powder people have been trying to shoot very far with a muzzleloader. In the 1800's they were shooting farther then most of the muzzleloader shooters do now a days. If you take the time to learn your weapon you might be surprised how far you really can shoot.

My muzzleloader is no different than any of the modern muzzleloaders today other than the barrel is designed to handle allot more pressure. I don't have a quick follow up shot and I still have to loaf everything down the barrel. I use a 209 primer and yes I use a scope. I follow my states regs.

It amazes me how people can take something that is suppose to be fun and exciting and turn it in to a debate.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7fGolpACPWU

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebraska Outlander View Post
    Whether it's a smokeless or a black powder people have been trying to shoot very far with a muzzleloader. In the 1800's they were shooting farther then most of the muzzleloader shooters do now a days. If you take the time to learn your weapon you might be surprised how far you really can shoot.

My muzzleloader is no different than any of the modern muzzleloaders today other than the barrel is designed to handle allot more pressure. I don't have a quick follow up shot and I still have to loaf everything down the barrel. I use a 209 primer and yes I use a scope. I follow my states regs.

It amazes me how people can take something that is suppose to be fun and exciting and turn it in to a debate.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7fGolpACPWU
    you are correct. I recently read a book about a confederate civil war sniper who routinely made kills at 500 yards and beyond.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    No one is trying to turn it into a debate, its just different then what most of us think of when we think of ML hunting. I doubt most ML hunters have ever shot their smoke pole over 200 yards.
    Keystone 1, Over!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Agree with MM and IMHO this kind of stuff will be curtailed in the future just like it already is in CO and other jurisdictions because it's not along the intent of what MLs were originally designed to do. 600 yards---yow!!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I don't see a debate? That's pretty impressive for a smoke pole. I have never shot mine over 100, I will have to see what it can do. I am planning on using it this fall, no 209, no scope here in Or.