Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

CPW preferred changes to Big Game Seasons

Here is the link.

http://cpw.state.co.us/Documents/Com...s2015-2019.pdf

96% of both elk and deer are drawn in units that take 0-3 points to draw and after talking with a couple of commissioners it looks like it will be +3 if banking comes back. I can for the first time say that it looks like the CPW is seeing what a incredibly stupid idea banking is and we will more than likely see the same exact structure the next 5 years.

Take a look and please give the CPW feedback.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ColoradoV For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I've heard it's off the table as well. However, if 96% of drawn tags are only worth 0-3pts then the quality of those hunts need to be looked into and corrected.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 6 Posts
    I hope they dont move ML season to later in Sept like some of that suggests since its a bad time of year for me and alot of why I am applying for ML season is it is earlier in Sept and doesnt interfere with other things.
    Keystone 1, Over!

" I am lost in the dust of the chase that my life brings"

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 32 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    I hope they dont move ML season to later in Sept like some of that suggests since its a bad time of year for me and alot of why I am applying for ML season is it is earlier in Sept and doesnt interfere with other things.
    I am sure that will be one of their top priorities when figuring this all out
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 10 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by packmule View Post
    I've heard it's off the table as well. However, if 96% of drawn tags are only worth 0-3pts then the quality of those hunts need to be looked into and corrected.
    The question is what really defines the quality of hunt. When it comes to Mule Deer I am a trophy hunter and should I ever hunt Colorado it would be with archery tackle. Many of the units don't require many points to draw.

Cow tags don't require much to draw either which can skew the odds a bit as to what is a quality hunt.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Demand for the hunt is an indication of the overall quality of the hunt. Voucher prices also reflect quality of the overall hunt. Stats can be skewed, but it's pretty much in line with only a handful of units for deer & elk being top heavy on point requirements & a few scattered in between.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to packmule For This Useful Post: