Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Snakes

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 12 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by packmule View Post
    I got some quality entertainment this evening from my mother in law. Was watching her drive up the driveway and saw a snake go across in front of her. She put a tire over it and it crawled off on the edge. She busted out of the Yukon and fired 10 warning shots with the Glock then ran up to the house to grab a .22 and 9 shots later the chicken snake had been dispatched.
    Haha, where is the video
    2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out and 2013 pse omen max 60# stormy hardwoods green
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Scott longhorn 3, Easton FMJ's

AKA: Velvet Feather

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by packmule View Post
    I got some quality entertainment this evening from my mother in law. Was watching her drive up the driveway and saw a snake go across in front of her. She put a tire over it and it crawled off on the edge. She busted out of the Yukon and fired 10 warning shots with the Glock then ran up to the house to grab a .22 and 9 shots later the chicken snake had been dispatched.
    better get her a shotgun. lol
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 29 Times in 3 Posts
    Now why she opted for the 22 vs a safe full of shotguns is beyond me. I was a wee bit busy airing up trailer tires to video the event.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 1 Post
    That is a woman from my own heart!! I love it lol!! Must have been some show!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 29 Times in 3 Posts
    Just glad it was off the concrete.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was in Louisiana visiting my cousin last week. We were having coffee and I noticed a brick of .22 LR HP ammo, and a couple of boxes of .22 Mag. ammo on the kitchen counter. After he confirmed that he had not come into any unexpected funds lately, I asked him about the ammo. "Snakes", he responded. I know that he has been doing a lot of hog hunting this year. He told me that he has killed more than 100 copperheads and cottonmouths at his hunting camp since the weather warmed up. His camp is in a swampy area near the Arkansas line, and is overrun with what he terms the largest copperheads that he has ever seen. Unusual to have that many snakes in an area where there are also a lot of pigs. Next trip, I will bring my own stash of .22 ammo to help eradicate the venomous creatures. Reminded me of another Cousin's Grandmother-in-law. She lived near a big creek, and all types of snakes found their way into her yard. Her weapon of choice was a razor sharp garden hoe, that she wielded like a snake hating Ninja. Not many snakes left her yard unscathed, if they left at all..
    Patron Life Member, NRA; Life Member RMEF, SCI, NAHHC, NSRPA

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    NO NO NO!!! that will scare the antelope. The (this) threat must be neutralized silently (a little noise may be ok if no antelope are looking). LOL
    You could just catch them, and put them in a bag for later disposal. That would be quiet-except for the screaming!
    Patron Life Member, NRA; Life Member RMEF, SCI, NAHHC, NSRPA

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sawfish For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I like the .22 mag idea much better! NY stinks in multiple ways but I'm glad we have no venomous snakes !!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I also think the smell of urine mixed with the screams of terror would def spook the antelope lol!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 11 Posts
    There are things that smell worse........lol
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."