Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: KUIU Gear????

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 1 Post
    I was wondering if anyone would know if Kuiu 2X would fit me? I am 6'3" and 270 lbs and wear 2X in just about everything.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post

KUIU Gear????

Quote Originally Posted by Dearhunter3450 View Post
    I was wondering if anyone would know if Kuiu 2X would fit me? I am 6'3" and 270 lbs and wear 2X in just about everything.
    The merino fits snug which I wasn't expecting at first but it is a base layer so I got over it, I usually wear an XL for tops and that's what I get
    Last edited by NVBird'n'Big; 08-31-2014 at 07:58 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to NVBird'n'Big For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 60 Times in 7 Posts
    I bought their attack pants a month or so ago, they are really nice. I haven't worn them yet, but plan on starting some hiking trips soon. I love that they are not camo!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 21 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonGNV View Post
    I've been checking their gear out for a year or so and haven't bought any yet. I'm getting ready to place an order for a light weight breathable summer set up. I'm looking at the Tiburon pant and the 125 merino LS and SS. I've heard something about the shirts getting rank, anybody have experience with this and these pants. I've got quality winter gear but have never done more than cheap cotton camo for archery summer months.
    Jason, I purchased the Tiburon pants last summer and really enjoyed them. They were a little chilly in the mornings here in NE NV during my archery deer hunt, but were really nice when midday hit. The slightest breeze is felt all through the pants so it was cooling with sweat on the legs. If I had any negativity to these pants, is that they are holey, so depending on the terrain you plan on hunting, you get snagged up a little. Hunting sage brush/buck brush mountains didn't bother me too much when I did get caught up. To my surprise, I never did find a tear in the pants so they have some good durability. Towards the end of the hunt I did switch to the attack pants due to the colder mornings.

For the top, I haven't purchased any of the newer stuff, still sporting the 185 crew and zip-t. Never had a problem with overheating or smell.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tdub24 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 27 Times in 5 Posts
    I might pe looking at the attack pants then, seems the majority are using them year round. The chills in the morning are a pain when trying to glass, the zip vents would be a good way to regulate temps. In August I hate having to strip layers off my legs, top doesn't bother me.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Some of the guys were talking about camo patterns the other day and the consensus was that the KUIU Verdi pattern worked really well. One guy said he had a hard time finding his cameraman after they got separated and it turned out he was right in front of him wearing Verdi.

I've heard a lot of good comments about the Attack pants and good things about the Guide pants, too.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to hoshour For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dearhunter3450 View Post
    depends on how your 270# is arranged...

I'm 6'3, was 240 when I bought the 2xl tops, now 210. The long sleeve 17 merino top is great for base layer, no extra room but not tight. I wear it every day around the house. The 2xl "merino blend jacket" (kuiu clearance item) has more room and is more of a mid layer; both function and fit. The "jacket" does not have enough room for a base and mid under it for my upper body shape.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to WapitiBob For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WapitiBob View Post
    depends on how your 270# is arranged...

I'm 6'3, was 240 when I bought the 2xl tops, now 210. The long sleeve 17 merino top is great for base layer, no extra room but not tight. I wear it every day around the house. The 2xl "merino blend jacket" (kuiu clearance item) has more room and is more of a mid layer; both function and fit. The "jacket" does not have enough room for a base and mid under it for my upper body shape.

Thank you for info, I was actually looking at the clearance jackets and now I will order one. Thanks. Sadly I may need to look at the 3x jacket. Are you talking about the insulation layer, the hooded jacket is looking pretty good.

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 28 Times in 11 Posts
    Buy one size bigger than you normally would with KUIU.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 30 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottR View Post
    Buy one size bigger than you normally would with KUIU.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Even if your your in-between a L and XL? I normal buy a XL only because I need my shoulders to move for archery.