Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 52

Thread: KUIU Gear????

  1. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "I've been to a town Del."
    Posts
    185
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 45 Times in 26 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've got a bunch of this stuff and I love it! I"m 5'11" and 230 so it was all XXL in the tops for me. KUIU fits their gear to be bigger as you go out from the body to accomodate layering. I have no problem fitting my superdown hoodie under my guide jacket which has the guide vest and two merino shirts for layers. I started with XL stuff and it was all too snug. The pants run very true to size as I ordered both pairs of my Attack Pants in 34 and they fit perfectly! I've no issues with KUIU and would recommend it to any and all interested! The only thing I've found is it can be a bit chilly when it gets cold. Weight vs. Warmth but that doesn't sound like and issue here.

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Bitterroot Valley, MT.
    Posts
    551
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 46 Times in 29 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You'll be happy. The attack pants are pretty light weight may want to consider those. I would think maybe just a bit more versatile and could take you well through September. Just a thought.

  3. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Gardnerville
    Posts
    402
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 71 Times in 59 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm placing an order in the next few days, going with the attack pant and the 125 SS/LS each. Thanks for all the info guys.

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    550
    Thanks
    111
    Thanked 95 Times in 86 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good choice! I just got my attack pants a month or so ago and cannot wait to try them out this summer, I was really impressed by them. About to order some Ultra Merino 125 tops for archery in Aug, I have a 230 but I fear it may be too hot. We are hunting the same deer unit , if you went with Vias we will look like twins up there this summer.

  5. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    389
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 32 Times in 30 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This is a little off topic from clothing, but here it is. I am looking for a dry bag that is "just the right size". Who has used the Kuiu roll top dry bags, and are you happy with them?

  6. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    550
    Thanks
    111
    Thanked 95 Times in 86 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tttoadman View Post
    This is a little off topic from clothing, but here it is. I am looking for a dry bag that is "just the right size". Who has used the Kuiu roll top dry bags, and are you happy with them?
    I haven't used em but I see that one in the clearance section and I am planning to pick it up on my next order if it's still there

  7. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    96
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 17 Times in 13 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I use seal line dry bags

  8. #38
    Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    749
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 359 Times in 153 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 4 Times in 3 Posts
    We had a couple in this past winter when Brandon reviewed their tent and sleeping bag. Quality construction and product, we did not torture test them in a rain storm or anything like that though.

  9. #39
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottR View Post
    We had a couple in this past winter when Brandon reviewed their tent and sleeping bag. Quality construction and product, we did not torture test them in a rain storm or anything like that though.
    Scott, how did the sleeping bag fare? I have been looking into it. Can you find the thread as i cant seem to find the reviews on it?

    Thanks,

  10. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Gardnerville
    Posts
    402
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 71 Times in 59 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NVBird'n'Big View Post
    Good choice! I just got my attack pants a month or so ago and cannot wait to try them out this summer, I was really impressed by them. About to order some Ultra Merino 125 tops for archery in Aug, I have a 230 but I fear it may be too hot. We are hunting the same deer unit , if you went with Vias we will look like twins up there this summer.
    Sweet, I'm going with Vias then! Haha, that might not be good, you don't wanna get blamed for what I do!

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •