Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I'm a one rifle one load kind of guy. The 180's ate perfect for both. I run the 180gr TTSX in my 30-06. From coyotes to elk it's the bomb.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm going on a similar hunt this fall. Shooting a 300 wsm haven't even thought of using nothing less than 180 gr. bullet

Thanks
    Congratulations
    180's usually shoot good in the big 30 caliber mags without the serious recoil of the 210 gr. Ballistics are better on them than the smaller weight bullets. Performance on both deer and elk is excellent with a good bullet like an accubond or the Berger 185. Doesn't destroy too much meat unless you hit a big bone.
    Have a great trip.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I've killed 2 bull elk with a .270 140gr nosler, my wife anchored a nice bull caribou with the same rifle/bullet combo. I can think of only a few situations where a 30cal 180gr bullet wouldn't be enough for North America and that would be if you were after Brownies/Grizz, Moose, Buffalo or.... you're a lousy shot. Here in AK some guys will put a 220gr in the top of the mag if they're sheep hunting just in case they bump a Brownie. If you do need to draw on a bruin the range will be so short you won't be worrying about bullet drop.