Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeepitcold View Post
    Are their nests in the wood or do they have nests that hang from something?
    Depends on the type of bee or wasp. Can you post some pics from very very close of one of the angry ones so we can see?
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Umpqua Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WapitiBob View Post
    Early morning like UH said or....
    Bees can't fly without wings. 5# propane bottle and a field burner attachment.
    Haha, now I want to find some nests to mess with lol
    2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out and 2013 pse omen max 60# stormy hardwoods green
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Scott longhorn 3, Easton FMJ's

AKA: Velvet Feather

4. The Following User Says Thank You to velvetfvr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dish soap! Kills em quick. Might take a few rounds to wipe them all out. I had a hive about 5' tall and 3-4' in circumference in the pasture. The bees started making their way to the pool mid day and bothering us. I called an exterminator. He said to use dawn dish soap and water. It suffocates them instantly. I grabbed the pressure washer. our pressure washer has the option for "car wash" where you can stick a tube coming from the pump into a jug of car wash soap. I stick the tube into about 3 gallons of soap/water mix and went to town on them. I revisited them every evening for a couple days. Each day was less and less. The original spray down was eery. There were piles of them! Hundreds and hundreds in clumps. I'll post pics in a bit
    http://www.solooutdoor.com/ Contact me for used optic specials!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hardstalk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hardstalk View Post
    Dish soap! Kills em quick. Might take a few rounds to wipe them all out. I had a hive about 5' tall and 3-4' in circumference in the pasture. The bees started making their way to the pool mid day and bothering us. I called an exterminator. He said to use dawn dish soap and water. It suffocates them instantly. I grabbed the pressure washer. our pressure washer has the option for "car wash" where you can stick a tube coming from the pump into a jug of car wash soap. I stick the tube into about 3 gallons of soap/water mix and went to town on them. I revisited them every evening for a couple days. Each day was less and less. The original spray down was eery. There were piles of them! Hundreds and hundreds in clumps. I'll post pics in a bit
    That is the best thing I have learned all day!! That's gonna save me some money! Here is a YouTube on it, using a hand sprayer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX32S2BHKXk
    Last edited by Umpqua Hunter; 06-08-2014 at 04:12 PM.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    It really depends on the species.

I don't know what carpenters bees and wasps are.

I use these yellowjacket traps for yellowjackets:

http://www.rescue.com/product/reusab...lowjacket-trap

They work awesome for yellowjackets (especially with the brand-name Rescue bait!), but paper wasps and bald faced hornets won't go in them.

I am going to try this for all three species this summer:

http://www.rescue.com/product/why-tr...-yellowjackets

I have two YJ traps up in the yard right now. I will go see what is in there.
    Last edited by Bitterroot Bulls; 06-08-2014 at 05:15 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bitterroot Bulls For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I always have a few carpenter bees in my tractor shed every summer. They bore holes in the wood, for nesting I suppose. I usually stand around and wait for one to land and then try to swat them dead. I've also had luck spraying a foaming-type of bug spray into their bore hole once they are in there. It's easy to spot their bore holes from the sawdust on the ground. I've heard, and it seems to be accurate, that the carpenter bees are attracted to bare wood. They seem to prefer the rafters and purlins. I have painted many of the rafters and purlins and that does seem to help keep them away.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Starting fluid, WD-40, break cleaner, carb cleaner, anything like that will kill them. If you can find nests in places where it wont damage anything go in at night and pour diesel on them and light it on fire. Im not sure if it works for bees but spraying with tempo works well for carpenter ants and flys and things like that.
    Keystone 1, Over!

" I am lost in the dust of the chase that my life brings"

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Badminton racket!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to 25contender For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I don't think you can do much better on traps than the ones at the hardware store.
    In regard to hanging nests…. I can't believe with a handle like "I keep it cold," you haven't tried a CO2 fire extinguisher on them.
    I've always wanted to try one…. it always works in movies on snakes.
    Life member RMEF
    Mathews DXT, Bowtech Admiral, Browing .300WSM...... and Swarovski Optiks my wife doesn't know about.
    1999 Washington Blacktaill, Bear River GMU, nontypical 6X7

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Umpqua Hunter View Post
    One of my most entertaining things to do in the summer is to eat dinner outside on the deck, equipped with the hose from the central vac system, and suck up any suspecting yellowjacket that comes in for a bite to eat. That is redneck entertainment at it's finest.
    Hummmm…… sounds like a re-run of duck dynasty.
    Are you the beardless cousin from Oregon?
    Life member RMEF
    Mathews DXT, Bowtech Admiral, Browing .300WSM...... and Swarovski Optiks my wife doesn't know about.
    1999 Washington Blacktaill, Bear River GMU, nontypical 6X7

16. The Following User Says Thank You to OregonJim For This Useful Post: