Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Seal off the barn and toss in a dozen wasp & hornet bombs. Then put diesel in a sprayer and spray down the rafters.....then be very careful not to set it on fire. I hate carpenter bees, think they all should die. Had a bunch take up shop over my boat and get shavings and sap all over the clear coat on the boat. Did I mention they should all die?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    Starting fluid, WD-40, break cleaner, carb cleaner, anything like that will kill them. If you can find nests in places where it wont damage anything go in at night and pour diesel on them and light it on fire. Im not sure if it works for bees but spraying with tempo works well for carpenter ants and flys and things like that.
    Not break cleaner. I used a whole can and only killed one. Folds up the wasps tho
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by OregonJim View Post
    I don't think you can do much better on traps than the ones at the hardware store.
    In regard to hanging nests…. I can't believe with a handle like "I keep it cold," you haven't tried a CO2 fire extinguisher on them.
    I've always wanted to try one…. it always works in movies on snakes.
    Ha I'll build a walkin freezer around the barn and freeze them to death!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by packmule View Post
    Seal off the barn and toss in a dozen wasp & hornet bombs. Then put diesel in a sprayer and spray down the rafters.....then be very careful not to set it on fire. I hate carpenter bees, think they all should die. Had a bunch take up shop over my boat and get shavings and sap all over the clear coat on the boat. Did I mention they should all die?
    I did hear something about diesel too. I think I'm gonna try that along with some traps. Freakin SOB's are mean as it gets. I saw multipal times birds fly by and they take off after them!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeepitcold View Post
    Not break cleaner. I used a whole can and only killed one. Folds up the wasps tho
    It kills the wasps and yellow jackets we have here. We must not have these carpenter bees or atleast I havent met them if we do. We had carpenter ants blow in from somewhere by the millions last spring. Tempo works really good on them!
    Keystone 1, Over!

" I am lost in the dust of the chase that my life brings"

Thanks
    Congratulations
    If they are are paper wasps, you should see if you can find the nests in the eves around the buildings, or in the trees or bushes around property. Spray them with wasp spray and set out hanging traps. If they are yellow jackets, they live in colonies underground. They do have hanging traps for them as well.
    Carpenter bees bore circular holes in dead trees or unpainted lumber. If you can find the holes, there is a powder you can use.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    I've got the wasps figured out. They are very similar to the paper wasps. I've found a few nests and destroyed them all with break cleaner (that's all I could find).

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Carpenter bees are very hard to eradicate. I had my deck sprayed by a pest control company with Permethrin. If any of you guys are from the east, this is the best tick repellent you can buy if used exactly as directed. Its also the "green can of death" stuff for any of my fellow Army guys!!

Anyway, it worked for 2 years. They are back this year and I'm about to call them back out to spray again. The only true way to get rid of them long term is to plug every hole with a 5/16" dow rod slice. You can Google to find out if the 5/16" is correct....but they bore such a perfect hole that every one is exactly the same diameter. Problem with that is, you have to plug every hole. And in about 4-6 years they could still come back. I've read and read about how to get rid of them, and never found a good answer. Good luck, but I'd have someone spray for you. Being in California though, permethrin may not be an option.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America!!"

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Silicone will seal the holes as well.

Coating wood in diazinon works/worked, but the EPA decided it was harmful to insects & the environment.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Pour a little Keystone on them
    Life member RMEF
    Mathews DXT, Bowtech Admiral, Browing .300WSM...... and Swarovski Optiks my wife doesn't know about.
    1999 Washington Blacktaill, Bear River GMU, nontypical 6X7