Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    deer, elk, antelope, sheep. I've been buying points for deer and elk, I will have enough to do a combo rosie/blacktail hunt in 3 or 4 years(maybe longer because of creep). I didn't get points for antelope the first 2 years because I didn't think it was worth the wait. I have seen some lope pictures from eastern Oregon that have since made me change my mind. Sheep are the main reason I started applying but it helps to know that this money is actually going towards drawing some future hunts and not just a gamble on long odds.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 48 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabama View Post
    deer, elk, antelope, sheep. I've been buying points for deer and elk, I will have enough to do a combo rosie/blacktail hunt in 3 or 4 years(maybe longer because of creep). I didn't get points for antelope the first 2 years because I didn't think it was worth the wait. I have seen some lope pictures from eastern Oregon that have since made me change my mind. Sheep are the main reason I started applying but it helps to know that this money is actually going towards drawing some future hunts and not just a gamble on long odds.
    I would save your airfare. I can't imagine paying NR fees and traveling to Oregon for the Blacktail deer and Roosevelt elk hunting we have, and I live within an hour of one of the best elk areas and two hours from the best blacktail area.

There is a VERY small handful of guys I know that can kill Rooevelts consistently, and the ones I know have worked in the woods their whole lives.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    O.k. This is getting very frustrating.....if they don't want to post the info early they should have never started cuz I am a odfw website junkie just needing my fix and I can't wait til the 20th after years of them letting the info out early! ARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Wild Country For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 34 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Country View Post
    O.k. This is getting very frustrating.....if they don't want to post the info early they should have never started cuz I am a odfw website junkie just needing my fix and I can't wait til the 20th after years of them letting the info out early! ARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!
    I hear ya! I'm going crazy myself!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 4 Posts
    You guys can relax....Oregon just posted that they will be available on the 20th! Good luck then.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 34 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AKaviator View Post
    You guys can relax....Oregon just posted that they will be available on the 20th! Good luck then.
    They have always had the 20th as the day they will notify by, usually we know by the 18th at the latest online. Maybe not anymore?

I'll still be chacking every chance I get between now and the time they post.
    Last edited by Timberstalker; 06-18-2014 at 01:44 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 17 Times in 3 Posts
    Same here,
    That is a new message on the home page but it seems they always let it go early.
    Just have to wait and see.
    Life member RMEF
    Mathews DXT, Bowtech Admiral, Browing .300WSM...... and Swarovski Optiks my wife doesn't know about.
    1999 Washington Blacktaill, Bear River GMU, nontypical 6X7

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabama View Post

Bama:
    I pretty much agree with UH but I'll put a slightly different spin on it.
    Based on the statement that you have been buying points, you probably already have enough points to get in to just about the best Roosevelt hunt you are going to get.
    With 4 points you can get into several of the coastal units in fact you could get a bull tag in the unit I think is the best in the state.
    There are some true Roosevelt trophies taken each year but I believe that most of those are taken on private property with extremely limited access. Take a hard look at the 6pt or better %s. Most units are only 12-14%. The problem as I see it, is you have identified two of the toughest species to connect on for trophy potential. I save my points for the OR Rocky Mtn elk units and I bow hunt coastal Rosies because it just isn't worth the p. points to me and I have at pretty good local knowledge (certainly nothing near that of UH)

You really have to evaluate cost vs. quality. If you have your heart set on a BT/RE combo pick a year in the near future and make it happen. I don't mind steering you toward some options but just make sure you have realistic expectations.
    Last edited by OregonJim; 06-18-2014 at 06:33 PM.
    Life member RMEF
    Mathews DXT, Bowtech Admiral, Browing .300WSM...... and Swarovski Optiks my wife doesn't know about.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Come on Oregon! You are my last hope!!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    If it really is 2 more days maybe we can hit 100 posts
    Life member RMEF