Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

1x1 or 2x1 Elk hunt?

I wanted to get some opinions from anyone with experience on 1x1 or 2x1 elk hunts. I'm planning a hunt with a buddy of mine and we are hung up on what to do. 1x1 might mean more action but 2x1 wouldn't necessarily limit it either.

Feedback appreciated!

Thanks!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'm assuming your talking a guided hunt, 1x1 would give you more time to fill your own tag but a 2x1 you'll get to experience the hunt together. Those would be my biggest concerns, I like spending time with my buddies so a 2x1 would be the way I would go and you could maybe even capture some video if your into a thing like that.
    #KEYSTONE

TICK
    TALL, WIDE and HANDSOME

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I'm guessing your talking a guided hunt? One you need to think about the 2 on 1 will save you quite a bit of money with some outfitters. With a 1 on 1 you can add an at least $800 to the cost, but also if you go on a 2 on 1 you better talk it over and be clear who is going to shoot first when that animal presents a shot.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Yes, guided. The difference is negligible. We want to hunt together but if it pulls the odds way down we'd spend the $. As far as who shoots first that's easy. Me. Lol!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I might add this is an archery rut hunt.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Yes, guided. The difference is negligible. We want to hunt together but if it pulls the odds way down we'd spend the $. As far as who shoots first that's easy. Me. Lol!
    If the outfitter has a really high success rates, I'd think that the difference between the two would be negligible. But if it's a tough hunt I'd maybe way your odds a little on the 1x1!
    #KEYSTONE

TICK
    TALL, WIDE and HANDSOME

The mountains of Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    If money isn't an issue really I would suggest going 1 on 1 for archery. Archery hunting bulls is tough as is, you both will definitely have better chance of leaving the outfitter with bulls if you go with separate guides. We book our archery hunts 1 on 1 for that reason. Most our hunters our buddies and they get to see each other in the morning and at night, but when it comes to getting an archery bull on the ground your best bet for both of you leaving camp with filled tags would be 1 on 1. That is just my .02 though. I don't mind having 2 archery hunters when guiding, as i can set them up in different positions in case the bull comes in differently which happens plenty, but that definitely can't be controlled as to who shoots first in some situations.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mntnguide For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thanks for the feedback! Really appreciate the input guys!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by mntnguide View Post
    If money isn't an issue really I would suggest going 1 on 1 for archery. Archery hunting bulls is tough as is, you both will definitely have better chance of leaving the outfitter with bulls if you go with separate guides. We book our archery hunts 1 on 1 for that reason. Most our hunters our buddies and they get to see each other in the morning and at night, but when it comes to getting an archery bull on the ground your best bet for both of you leaving camp with filled tags would be 1 on 1. That is just my .02 though. I don't mind having 2 archery hunters when guiding, as i can set them up in different positions in case the bull comes in differently which happens plenty, but that definitely can't be controlled as to who shoots first in some situations.
    Nothing better than having an actual outfitter weigh in on this, I'd listen!
    #KEYSTONE

TICK
    TALL, WIDE and HANDSOME

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I agree woodtick! Thanks mntnguide!