Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Allegan, MI
    Posts
    1,076
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 242 Times in 198 Posts
    Congratulations
    2
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    If you want to go for deer, there are tags left in Region F up east of yellowstone where you could hunt all the NF that isn't wilderness in units 105 and 106.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Topgun 30-06 For This Useful Post:


  3. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    FT Smith Arkansas
    Posts
    83
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm looking into the mule deer hunts in 106,105, elk hunt 67-9 and 75-4. I'm scouring maps and harvest reports! How bad are the bears and wolves in these areas?

  4. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    FT Smith Arkansas
    Posts
    83
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Region F has 225 tags left over, if I buy a tag for F can I hunt all the units in F or do I have to pick just 1 unit?

  5. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    586
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 163 Times in 129 Posts
    Congratulations
    32
    Congratulated 5 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbackhunter View Post
    Region F has 225 tags left over, if I buy a tag for F can I hunt all the units in F or do I have to pick just 1 unit?
    You can hunt any area designated as general within the region.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to libidilatimmy For This Useful Post:


  7. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    FT Smith Arkansas
    Posts
    83
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thank you for the help.

  8. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North-Central Illinois
    Posts
    238
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Againstthewind View Post
    Around Buffalo and Sheridan there are some ranches that are on the list from the Game and Fish to call. I think that comes out July 10th.
    Does that list get published online, or do you have to contact Game & Fish for that info?

  9. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Allegan, MI
    Posts
    1,076
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 242 Times in 198 Posts
    Congratulations
    2
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Murdy View Post
    Does that list get published online, or do you have to contact Game & Fish for that info?
    Highlight "HUNTING" on the website and then go over to the bottom right column under "Hunter Assistance Program" and click on it. You'll be disappointed, as there are only two or three places listed for the Sheridan Region and they have restrictions like youth only.

  10. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North-Central Illinois
    Posts
    238
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Topgun 30-06 View Post
    Highlight "HUNTING" on the website and then go over to the bottom right column under "Hunter Assistance Program" and click on it. You'll be disappointed, as there are only two or three places listed for the Sheridan Region and they have restrictions like youth only.
    You are correct, only 2, doe & fawn only, and neither in my area (16) anyway.

    Thanks for the info though.

  11. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    737
    Thanks
    155
    Thanked 157 Times in 147 Posts
    Congratulations
    8
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You could call the game and fish office to see if they have a land owner list for your area. I did that and they sent me a list of 40-50 people. Most had either stopped allowing deer hunting, or were booked up. But several offered us antelope for reasonable fees.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America!!"
    - Charlie Daniels

    "Most democrats in WY are not like other democrats (they actually like babies, guns, and the constitution)"
    - AT Hiker

  12. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Gillette, WY
    Posts
    385
    Thanks
    318
    Thanked 92 Times in 83 Posts
    Congratulations
    37
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobbhunts View Post
    You could call the game and fish office to see if they have a land owner list for your area. I did that and they sent me a list of 40-50 people. Most had either stopped allowing deer hunting, or were booked up. But several offered us antelope for reasonable fees.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    That is the list I was going for, sorry for the confusion. Last year I just called the Sheridan office and the lady had the list over by email that same afternoon. There were more names on the list. Sorry for your luck, Cobbhunts, the first one I called said no problem so I stopped there. I think you have to get calling people pretty early, though.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •