Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cowboy hat

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 5 Posts

Cowboy hat

Do any of you guys hunt with a "cowboy" hat or a hat with a brim all the way around. I like wearing ball caps but think I am going to start wearing a cowboy hat since I get a lot of sun exposure. So do you hunt with one and is it felt or straw? I think a cool one would be to get a rand (think that's where my dad gets his custom ones) hat made with a bugling bull and patriots logo on it. That would be awesome.
    2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out and 2013 pse omen max 60# stormy hardwoods green
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Scott longhorn 3, Easton FMJ's

AKA: Velvet Feather

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 27 Times in 5 Posts
    I usually hunt with a ball cap. I've been shooting my now with a booney hat this year, I got horribly burnt last season so looking for some shade. It's been pretty uncomfortable, anchor point seems goofy with the brim folded up. I know I couldn't shoot my bow with a cowboy hat, rifle I have. Straw would be the way to go in summer, if it rains it will droop though.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JasonGNV For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonGNV View Post
    I usually hunt with a ball cap. I've been shooting my now with a booney hat this year, I got horribly burnt last season so looking for some shade. It's been pretty uncomfortable, anchor point seems goofy with the brim folded up. I know I couldn't shoot my bow with a cowboy hat, rifle I have. Straw would be the way to go in summer, if it rains it will droop though.
    I am seriously considering on just wearing cowboy hats instead of ball caps. My dad calls me an idiot for wearing ball caps. I used to have a straw one until I grew out of it. Might be time to get one though.
    2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out and 2013 pse omen max 60# stormy hardwoods green

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Better practice shooting with it on, I have a hard time shooting my bow with a ball cap on forward let alone my cowboy hat. I will however be wearing my cowboy hat at the rodeo which starts a week from today!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I ALWAYS wear a cowboy hat! (See my avatar) Usually my hunting hat is my trusty old Stetson I bought in 1970. I have an orange slip over cover for the crown that I put on it when it is required. I have 8 different cowboy hats, a couple are straws.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    I ALWAYS wear a cowboy hat! (See my avatar) Usually my hunting hat is my trusty old Stetson I bought in 1970. I have an orange slip over cover for the crown that I put on it when it is required. I have 8 different cowboy hats, a couple are straws.
    Somehow, I knew you always wore one!
    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 42 Times in 6 Posts
    I think you could rock this one! It's just your style.
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ikeepitcold For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by NVBird'n'Big View Post
    Better practice shooting with it on, I have a hard time shooting my bow with a ball cap on forward let alone my cowboy hat. I will however be wearing my cowboy hat at the rodeo which starts a week from today!
    I can easily shoot with my ball cap on. My buddy shoots with his cowboy hat so I never thought it would really be no issue, especially with shorter axle to axle bows.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    A few years ago, after getting some minor skin cancer removed from the ears and cheek, I started wearing a cowboy hat. I don't hunt in it but if I did, I think I would like the short brim style that Wayne Carlton wears.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 33 Times in 5 Posts
    I wear one sometimes, mostly on cold or wet weather though. I have an oil skin outback hat for rain and a Pendlton wool hat for snow. I have considered a visor in warm weather, I get hot in warm weather. I work outside so my skin is used to the sun by hunting season, I just like having a bill to keep the sun out of my eyes so I can see.