Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 4 Times in 1 Post
    I like a rangefinder that is small and compact. I wear mine in a front shirt pocket for archery hunting.

things I looked for when I purchased mine two years ago was how well they performed in store and if the store allowed it outside. How well it felt in hand and ease of use from programming it to just clicking to get the range.

When I checked them out at cabelas and bass pro the leupy tbr/dnawas top choice, however the warranty is not great. I choose the Vortex mainly because of the warranty. I am very hard on my gear, so that was a big concern for me. It does perform well for archery hunting (although the +/- 3 yards can suck) but can take forever to get a reading out past 400. I know that no matter what I do to the vortex and if I ever feel it is not performing well enough I can send it back and they will fix it.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Leica 1000-R or vortex would be my choice I've had the leica for a season it is fast and accurate, but for 150 dollars more then the vortex im not sure it is worth the money. Couple friends have the vortex ive played with them they are nice. glass qaulity isnt as good and they dont read as quick as the leica but i do like the clip that comes on the vortex both are small and comfortable to hold with the vortex being a tad smaller.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'm fairly price sensitive if I think the quality is in the ballpark with the more expensive models. That's why I bought a Zeiss Dialyt sample rather than a Swarovski. So, the Leica seems a little high for me. Sounds like the Nikon, the Vortex and the Leupold are the contenders.

Reviews on Cabela's say the Nikon has a problem ranging past 500 yards and oranges out in low light. Plus, its a little bigger.

The Leupold reviews say the gray display is harder to read and the optics are not as good but that it is fast and accurate.

The Vortex seems to have the best optics of these three, a small size and the best warranty.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Leupold 1000i tbr has red display and is adjustable.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 2 Posts
    The Nikon Riflehunter does orange out in low light so the Cabelas reviews are correct there. It hasn't been a problem for me, but I haven't tried it over long ranges in low light. I can't speak to the 500 yd issue. I know at 400-450 it has been able to range my rifle targets.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    +1 on the TBR 1000 ....I have a similar set up as BSA and have absolutely nothing to complain about. I also range an airplane on a hunt once and got a reading over a thousand yards but have no idea if it was a true reading but it did pick it up for whatever that's worth!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have the Nikon Rifle hunter 1000, has angle compensating button along with low light infra-red technology. SO far i love it and have used it for 2 years now on the same battery.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 4 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hoshour View Post
    I'm fairly price sensitive if I think the quality is in the ballpark with the more expensive models. That's why I bought a Zeiss Dialyt sample rather than a Swarovski. So, the Leica seems a little high for me. Sounds like the Nikon, the Vortex and the Leupold are the contenders.

Reviews on Cabela's say the Nikon has a problem ranging past 500 yards and oranges out in low light. Plus, its a little bigger.

The Leupold reviews say the gray display is harder to read and the optics are not as good but that it is fast and accurate.

The Vortex seems to have the best optics of these three, a small size and the best warranty.
    Vortex does "orange out" some in super low light as well.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by JNDEER View Post
    Vortex does "orange out" some in super low light as well.
    I had the same experience with the reticle in the vortex. lots of trouble in bright light. Also had trouble at ranges beyond 400. was great for morning and evening archery, but was not the right answer for me overall.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Just picked up the Vortex Ranger today and it seems to be pretty good just messing around with it around town. I think I will be pretty happy with it.