Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Heck yeah I would definitely be flingin some lead at that boy! Nice goat.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 11 Times in 5 Posts
    I would say he's probably right around the 14" mark, not a bad looking goat at all, especially if it's not that great of a unit

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I agree that he's dead nuts on 14" right now, maybe more by hunting season. If he's the best one you can find and you like him, then take him, he's mature. My goal is always to hunt hard and kill the biggest one I can find in a particular area. Sometimes I don't find a good one and go home without .The last time I drew a tag was 3 years ago down by Rawlins. I never found one worth punching a tag on and I paid a $350 trespass fee to boot. Killing an animal isn't important to me...killing one I'm happy with is. Good Luck.
    Last edited by WY ME; 06-20-2014 at 01:17 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    He looks 17" to me. So I'm screwed on my first antelope hunt this fall haha. I have no faith in my antelope judging skills now!!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America!!"
    - Charlie Daniels

"Most democrats in WY are not like other democrats (they actually like babies, guns, and the constitution)"
    - AT Hiker

Thanks
    Congratulations
    The picture is kind of tiny for my old eyes but the one 2nasty4u has below his name is the kind of buck I would be taking a serious look at. I only look for 15" and up. 15 inchers are in every unit I've hunted and I believe they are to be had in every unit of the state. I've killed or seen 16 inchers in most of the units I've hunted over the years. I've only seen 2 goats over 17", one was in an off limits area near Gillette in 1987 and later was poached. The other one I saw was in southern Wyo about 10 years ago and I missed him. They were both big...really big! You'll know a 17" if you ever see one. The one I missed still haunts me.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Just north of mid 70's imo...

Thanks
    Congratulations
    A great buck, I wouldn't think twice about shooting him on the first day!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 4 Times in 1 Post
    Thanks for the replies guys. Im not going to shoot this one I like non typicals so I'm going after that one. my motto is if you have to talk yourself into going after a buck he's probably not worth going after, you should look at it and immediately get excited. My buddy has a tag for this unit also so I'm going to try to put him on it. I'm guessing he will finish out around the 78" mark.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 11 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WY ME View Post
    The picture is kind of tiny for my old eyes but the one 2nasty4u has below his name is the kind of buck I would be taking a serious look at. I only look for 15" and up. 15 inchers are in every unit I've hunted and I believe they are to be had in every unit of the state. I've killed or seen 16 inchers in most of the units I've hunted over the years. I've only seen 2 goats over 17", one was in an off limits area near Gillette in 1987 and later was poached. The other one I saw was in southern Wyo about 10 years ago and I missed him. They were both big...really big! You'll know a 17" if you ever see one. The one I missed still haunts me.
    your old eyes still work pretty good. the one in the pic below my name was 15 1/4 inches.