Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post

Nevada Antelope!

Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    Will the rut be over by my hunt? Are the antelope usually in groups that time of year or will alot of bucks be off by themselves?
    The late lope hunt is pretty new from what I know. I don't think many guys have experience hunting antelope that time of year in N NV. I do see them quite a bit chukar hunting starting mid Oct but don't pay much attention to their habits while I'm out chasing those red-legged bastards.
    Last edited by NVBird'n'Big; 06-17-2014 at 03:58 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 11 Posts
    I think last year was the first year of the late hunt. First I ever saw it anyways. I have hunted antelope in WY at that time but I dont know if things are timed the same in NV? If there was a good snow would it start pushing them down lower? Would snow that time of year stick around or melt pretty quickly?
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Unless anything crazy happens if there is snow it will melt off quick for sure. If this year is anything like the last few I would plan on warm conditions.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NVBird'n'Big For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I always go prepared for anything. Got caught unprepared once in UT years ago and never again! Just trying to get an idea of what to expect since Im not familiar with that area that time of year.
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 27 Times in 5 Posts
    Plenty of antelope in those units, buddy took a 76" two years ago. Not enough trees to hog tie one for ya tho! I'm not sure if you'll hit the rut or not, should be close though. Water will be key, rye patch is drying up fast. I personally like the west unit but both have lopers to look over.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JasonGNV For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 57 Times in 8 Posts
    Will the rut be over by my hunt?
    I think you should plan on bringing your antelope bugle, who knows, the rut may be going strong.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Umpqua Hunter View Post
    I think you should plan on bringing your antelope bugle, who knows, the rut may be going strong.
    I been practicing, called a keystolope in to 20 yards the other night

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Does anyone know if NV antelope have about the same size ears as WY antelope for using them for a reference for field judging?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 21 Times in 3 Posts
    Does anyone know if NV antelope have about the same size ears as WY antelope for using them for a reference for field judging?
    I don't know for sure, but I've killed several antelope here that had ear tips that were frozen off in the past. Not sure if that happens out there or not.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to libidilatimmy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 21 Times in 3 Posts
    I like to use length of the face to field judge length because of this.