Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by libidilatimmy View Post
    I don't know for sure, but I've killed several antelope here that had ear tips that were frozen off in the past. Not sure if that happens out there or not.
    Could you tell their ears were missing the tips before you killed them? I havent run into that yet.
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 21 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    Could you tell their ears were missing the tips before you killed them? I havent run into that yet.
    No, it usually only shortens the ears by an inch or less. But when you're stacking ears in your mind, that shortage will compound itself in overall length.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by libidilatimmy View Post
    No, it usually only shortens the ears by an inch or less. But when you're stacking ears in your mind, that shortage will compound itself in overall length.
    An inch in ear length will make alot of difference and is why I wondering how big ears normally are in NV. I will try using their face too, thats a good idea. Now I am wondering if their faces are the same size. lol Antelope have got to be 1 of the hardest animals to judge.
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 21 Times in 3 Posts
    An inch in ear length will make alot of difference and is why I wondering how big ears normally are in NV. I will try using their face too, thats a good idea. Now I am wondering if their faces are the same size. lol Antelope have got to be 1 of the hardest animals to judge.
    They are for sure. The BC site has a good tutorial on judging them, and that's mostly what I use. I've not read Mike Eastman's book, so I'm not sure if it's along the same lines or not.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 13 Times in 7 Posts
    My moms 032 buck has 6" ears. Wi have to measure my dads northern washoe buck and see what they are. That's from tip to base of ear
    2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out and 2013 pse omen max 60# stormy hardwoods green
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Scott longhorn 3, Easton FMJ's

AKA: Velvet Feather

6. The Following User Says Thank You to velvetfvr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 27 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by velvetfvr View Post
    My moms 032 buck has 6" ears. Wi have to measure my dads northern washoe buck and see what they are. That's from tip to base of ear
    Had to check mine, 6 1/2" base to tip. Giant buck teeth and 1 horn, kept saying "Garsh" and "aww Shucks" before I harvested him. Came from a unit just south east of Yours MM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JasonGNV For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 23 Times in 2 Posts
    My washoe buck has 6.25 and my dads washoe buck has 6.75. I have heard of bucks with 8 inch ears here in Nevada.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2012 Bowtech Insanity CPXL
    TT Xtreme FC Pro
    Custom Black Gold Ascent 4 pin
    GT Velocity 300's tipped with 125 Shuttle t's weighing 490 grains!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to nvarcher For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations

Nevada Antelope!

Quote Originally Posted by nvarcher View Post
    My washoe buck has 6.25 and my dads washoe buck has 6.75. I have heard of bucks with 8 inch ears here in Nevada.

Wow, that would throw off judging big time!
    2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out and 2013 pse omen max 60# stormy hardwoods green

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 23 Times in 2 Posts
    Oh yeah could also make you possibly pass up a toad!

2012 Bowtech Insanity CPXL
    TT Xtreme FC Pro
    Custom Black Gold Ascent 4 pin
    GT Velocity 300's tipped with 125 Shuttle t's weighing 490 grains!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by nvarcher View Post
    Oh yeah could also make you possibly pass up a toad!

Imagine if you found a big with 8" ears and the visible part of his horns was double that. We would be talking 17+" horns