Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have spent $150 on boots many times. I would spend hours thinking about how long my feet would last this year. I sucked it up this year and bought a pair of Lowa Tibet "backpacking boots" for less than $300. The key for me was understanding what made a stiff boot stiff and why. I had it in my head that I wanted lightweight flexibility. My idea was wrong from the get go, it just took me a long time to figure it out.

I am also considering a pair of Lowa Camino "Trekking" boots. They are a little lighter duty and have a little more flex in the front, yet they share some of the advanced features of the Tibet Backpacking boot.

I don't want to drag somebody away from the budget they have set for themselves, but I would hate to see someone waste money like I did.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by d.kerri View Post
    I will echo some of the sentiment away from buying anything much under your $150 thresh-hold. If you're comfortable buying a new pair after two good seasons of use, then you'll be fine, but I stretched my $120 boots to a 3rd season [and then a 4th] and I regretted it every step. My feet were absolutely miserable. It's not the end of the world [I'm sure some of our ancient relatives hunted in less comfortable, less water-resistant foot wear than our cheaper stuff today] but not having soaking wet, bloody toes makes for a more enjoyable hunt.
    words of wisdom! If you only a few weekends a year and dont need to scout then lower end boots will be fine but much more than that you'll end up wanting better. It took me a long time to learn that. Buy once and cry once really does apply well to boots

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I just spent $150 getting my Kenetrecks rebuilt, I hope it's worth it. I nearly just bought a $150 boot, but thought I would see how the rebuild goes. It's tough for me to toss a $400 pair of boots that are only 3 years old.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I've got a set of danner full curls insulated id give you a deal on. Too big for me. Size 10.5. I bought half size smAller and really happy with them

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beav906 View Post
    I've got a set of danner full curls insulated id give you a deal on. Too big for me. Size 10.5. I bought half size smAller and really happy with them
    I think we have the same size foot, wanna sell me the 10's?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Lol I've put some miles on them! Wear them daily for work and play. Doubt you want them that broke in !