Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for the answers guys. I am planning on parking in one zone and making about a two mile hike into the zone i am hunting. The other way to get to get there is to hike about 15 miles. Makes sense to me but i will call the warden

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by WapitiBob View Post
    As UH mentioned, Oregon used to have the same law and they got their hand slapped. A cpl hundred dollars to a Lawyer and I doubt it would ever get to court. I believe it was our AG that sent the game dept the "memo" that they're scope of enforcement was game mgmt and they had no power to create laws restricting 2nd amendment rights.
    That makes sense. Hopefully they eventually get it all straightened out here. I just got my permit, and was surprised to learn of the hunting restrictions.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 23 Times in 10 Posts
    I cant see any problem with it. Like UH said you will be driving through many units to get there so I cant see how walking is much different.
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 9 Times in 3 Posts
    Definitely legal in Colorado.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I walked from Colorado to hunt in UT before. Also had our camp in CO, in highly prized unit. Thought for sure we were going to checked at some point and never did. We were CO residents at the time but wife had a UT tag.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 1 Post
    I have been checked by Colorado wardens when i was hunting in Utah and vice versa. It was not a problem at all.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Probably be real good idea to take a picture of the animal and your GPS on it with the location number showing. That way there would be no questions....even if you had to go to court.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Have done it several times . Specifically, I had an area 11 elk tag and hike through area 10 to get to the section I want to be in. Been checked in 10. No issues. You might get a question about where you are hunting and sometimes they will make sure you know what area you are in. I always take a gps location of where animal was standing and where I was shooting from. More for me as I upload stuff to basecamp by garmin but good to have in the event of a G/F concern.