Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 9 Times in 1 Post

first post in thread

This is probley a forum first some one other then MM or keepitcold doesn't get the first post.

To stay in the correct catagory

Who else does most of the cooking at home and vac pacs then freezes it to reheat in camp? My fav is spaghetti.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nv-hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I make most of my snacks like trail mix before hand and vaccum seal. We do up taco meat, sloppy joe and some other stuff like that for dinners back at camp before hand so we can spend less time cooking when we get back to camp

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 85 Times in 10 Posts
    We don't vac seal as we aren't keeping these items a long time- We freeze gallon zip lock bags full of chili/pheasant and noodles/ goulash or whatever else we can think of. Frozen in a gallon block they keep a long time in the cooler. When we want to cook them we thaw the outside edge and cut the bag off. The frozen chunk heats fairly quickly in a pan on the fire. We also do scrambled eggs with antelope breakfast sausage precooked and frozen....heat and put in tortillas for fast breakfast burritos. A lot easier to deal with than raw eggs that break in coolers as they are handled.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 21 Times in 3 Posts
    I've frozen and vac sealed meals before. I just throw the whole thing in a pot of boiling water to heat up and then clean up is easy. I also pre-cook scrambled eggs then throw whatever you want with it in the skillet (summer sausage, breakfast sausage, bacon, steak, brains, you name it!) eggs go in last to soak stuff up while heating up.

I also pre-make what we call Hobo Pockets. Brown some burger or sausage, drain and add whatever vegetables you desire. Wrap portions in tinfoil and freeze. At camp, just throw on a coal bed in the fire pit for a while and enjoy!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to libidilatimmy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 85 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by libidilatimmy View Post
    I've frozen and vac sealed meals before. I just throw the whole thing in a pot of boiling water to heat up and then clean up is easy. I also pre-cook scrambled eggs then throw whatever you want with it in the skillet (summer sausage, breakfast sausage, bacon, steak, brains, you name it!) eggs go in last to soak stuff up while heating up.

I also pre-make what we call Hobo Pockets. Brown some burger or sausage, drain and add whatever vegetables you desire. Wrap portions in tinfoil and freeze. At camp, just throw on a coal bed in the fire pit for a while and enjoy!
    Hobo pockets.... redneck snacks. I like it.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nv-hunter View Post
    This is probley a forum first some one other then MM or keepitcold doesn't get the first post.
    Ya did good to beat Umpqua Hunter to it!! He must be out trying to perfect bugling for keystolope to miss something like this
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 30 Times in 9 Posts
    Frozen- white chili in a ziplock bag. Pull it out of bag and put it in a pot and rewarm.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 30 Times in 9 Posts
    It's good with Tostitos scoops too.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I do red chili, green chili, Jambalaya and chicken soup. Freeze in the aforementioned gallon zip-locks. They keep fine in the cooler, who feels like cooking after hunting hard all day?? Been doing this for almost 30 years. We do however, grill elk tenderloins when we get enough to feed everyone in camp.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilltop View Post
    Hobo pockets.... redneck snacks. I like it.
    That come with keystone to drink

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk