Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

WY Deer 34 and Antelope 73

My dad, brother and I drew unit 34 deer tags and unit 73 antelope tags for Wyoming and have never hunted their before. Any advice or information would be much appreciated. Thank you

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Not much to say other than it's a good area for both. Get a GPS with landownership chip and then get out there and take as many days covering the area with a lot of glassing time and you'll do fine, especially on antelope.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 16 Times in 1 Post
    I hunted antelope in 75 just west of the 73 border and there were quite a few antelope in 73 on the west side of the unit. Looked like a good unit for antelope for sure.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 2 Posts
    I seen a few decent antelope in the SW portion of 73 last year driving through, if you can shoot you should kill a good or better antelope in that unit if you put in a bit of work and pass on the smaller bucks you see. Keep us posted on how you do in 34.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 18 Times in 1 Post
    I drew 73 as well. Where are you guys coming from?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America!!"
    - Charlie Daniels

"Most democrats in WY are not like other democrats (they actually like babies, guns, and the constitution)"
    - AT Hiker

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thank you for the replies. We are coming from Southern California.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 9 Times in 3 Posts
    subscribed, this potential unit combination is on my radar for a 2015 combo.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 18 Times in 1 Post
    Good luck Dihard. We put in for deer in the special draw and didn't draw the deer tag. And they are pushing for another tag reduction next year to 75-100 total deer tags because the herd is hurting in the area still. Just talking to the biologist, land owners in 34, and the GWs have changed our plans. At least for now. I am however excited about the antelope part. It was the exact opposite. And I do have some private land for deer and antelope should I ever go for the deer tag again. Some really nice people in that area for sure. Only ran into 1 guy that was kind of rude.

Good luck Tom, reports are that there's still good bucks if you hunt hard. Just way down from what it has been and getting worse. PM the dates you'll be there and maybe we can link up. We will be camping close to where you'll be I bet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America!!"
    - Charlie Daniels

"Most democrats in WY are not like other democrats (they actually like babies, guns, and the constitution)"
    - AT Hiker

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobbhunts For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 9 Times in 3 Posts
    I'll have 5 points in each species, so that would probably lock me in for goat and be a pretty sure thing in the Special for deer. We'll see though. It's one of about 5 unit combinations that I'm thinking about. I've done the combo DIY thing in Region C/Unit 23 before. Had a great hunt and took nice animals. Looking for a little better goat though. I'd like to put one down north of 75-76". For deer, not going to shoot the first thing I see but not too terribly picky either, 140-160" would be the range I'd be looking to tag over the course of a 10 day hunt.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    We hunted both there last year. Hunted after the big snow in Oct. The antelope were already in big herds. Saw hundreds, but only a couple that might go over 76. Deer are very spotty. You might see a couple, then drive and spot for 15 miles before you see another. covered a lot of country and never saw one that would even hit 140. Talked to a couple of guys who said they saw one they thought would go 180. My wife was lucky and drew both again this year. I just drew doe tags. The GPS with landowner chip is a good idea. There are some good areas right next to private. It's a huge unit. We've hunted there the last 4 years and I bet we haven't covered a third of it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to robsev For This Useful Post: