Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Eh ten four Scott tryin to save a buck

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by A.j. View Post
    Thanks hunterman, what do you usually pack for clothes that's my main concern, I'm gettin pretty decent equipment, tarp tent scarp2, vortex optics, tenzing& eberlestock packs, I'm gonna try to get my uncle to lend me his msr reactor stove, but clothes I'm not sure what to take.... I got first lite northbranch soft shell pants but am afraid those may be to hot for hiking , your dad made the right call moving to wyoming lol that's the ticket
    I wear the Core4Element clothing, it works really well and fits me perfect. (I have a hard time finding clothes that fit because my legs are bigger around than my waist) But I have no complaints about there clothes. Gonna get me some Kuiu baselayers this year, heard a lot of good things about them. Make sure you bring good rain gear, nothing spoils a hunt like getting wet. And bring plenty of socks. Having fresh socks to put on just makes a man feel good. LOL. Sounds like you have about everything you need. Bring 2 methods of making drinking water, you can never be to careful with that. Just make sure you dress in layers, so you can add clothes when it is cool and take them off when you get hot. My dad said the same thing about moving to wyoming 45 years ago. Wouldn't trade it for the world.
    Work Hard, Play Hard and Regret Nothing...........

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hunterman2146 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 9 Times in 1 Post
    Hello AJ, or should I say neighbor, and welcome to E.F.
    Shoot me a pm and tell me where your from in WV.I too am going to WY-H this fall. :-)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 23 Times in 10 Posts
    Mike Eastmans books have alot of info on this and would be a big help planning your hunt!
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Musket Man For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    Mike Eastmans books have alot of info on this and would be a big help planning your hunt!
    I 2nd this statement. It's a very good read.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bonecollector For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thanks for the comments guys I read high country mulies along with cam Haynes back country book, just gettin anxious I suppose really didn't think we would draw but now we did and I wanna be ready

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 23 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A.j. View Post
    Thanks for the comments guys I read high country mulies along with cam Haynes back country book, just gettin anxious I suppose really didn't think we would draw but now we did and I wanna be ready
    High country Mule deer is a great book but Mike's new book Mule Deer hunting tactics has more up to date info on backpacking and clothing since alot has changed in those departments since his first book. David Longs book Public Land Mulies has alot of great info too.
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thanks musket man I'll be putting that one on the list

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I second Long's publication. Very good, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    High country Mule deer is a great book but Mike's new book Mule Deer hunting tactics has more up to date info on backpacking and clothing since alot has changed in those departments since his first book. David Longs book Public Land Mulies has alot of great info too.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 42 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonecollector View Post
    I second Long's publication. Very good, indeed.
    David is a favorite of mine and I have his book and all of his DVDs. The guy just flat out knows mule deer and how to take the big ones with a bow or rifle!