So I was down in NC chattin it up with my bear hunting buddies and they were telling me some tall tales of venomous bees. Story goes they kill rattlesnakes, very often-in fact we killed 2 the day I was around the house- and then the bees find the dead snakes and eat em. The venom from the snakes gets on the bees and when you get stung you get a small dose of venom.
As luck would have it, I leaned into a creek to wash up and layed right on a ground bee nest. I got tagged once in the bicep and within 20 minutes my whole arm was red and swollen. I'm not even sorta allergic to bees, hornets, or anything. I get stung prolly 20 times a year and never had a reaction like that. So I guess Venomous bees are REAL....watch out!!
Anyone else heard of such a thing?