Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Little Bow Advice

I am just getting started and I am looking for a little advice on two different bows. The PSE Vision and the Bear Attitude. I 'm looking for a starter bow and have have shot both of these bows at the store. Both work well.
    Any advice from the experts out there between these two or is it just personal preference?
    I have a 30.5 draw, so somewhat limited on bows it seems.
    Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    Spud

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 28 Times in 4 Posts
    First, I am not familiar with either bow. But both brands are good brands to work with.

My recommendation is the same to all. Forget about brands and models. Bows shoot and feel differently to everyone. Shoot as many as you can in the price range you are comfortable with. If you are stuck on two or three models. Do some review research to make sure there has been no major issues with a particular bow. Look for common complaints. Last, if all else is equal. Go with your gut. You are shooting it and go with what feels best to you.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Work2hunt For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 38 Times in 6 Posts
    Spud,

I have been shooting bows for 30 years and in my experience I have found that fit and comfort are very important. If you are comfortable, you will shoot better. Almost all of todays modern bows are awesome so it is hard to go wrong. I recommend you shoot many makes and models until you find one that just feels right. After selecting your bow I would keep your draw weight down and build slowly during practice. I have seen bull elk taken with 55 pound draw weight- the elk didn't know the difference.

Congrats on your decision to bow hunt- you won't regret it! Truly an amazing feeling and different experience when compared to hunting with firearm. Both are fun but nothing beats a bull elk screaming at you from 10 yards...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hilltop For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 18 Times in 1 Post
    What those guys above me said!!!! And I'd go shoot more than the 2 you've picked out. 95% of the time you'll get that "this is the one for me" kinda feeling after you've shot several. In other words.....the bow will pick you if you shoot enough of them. And it could very well lead you back to one of the two that you've chosen above. Good luck!!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America!!"
    - Charlie Daniels

"Most democrats in WY are not like other democrats (they actually like babies, guns, and the constitution)"
    - AT Hiker

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobbhunts For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 17 Times in 3 Posts
    These guys are on it.

The only thing I could add is go with a reputable archery shop.
    Wouldn't hurt to get a couple of opinions on draw length.
    I shot my first bow for ten years and it was too long!
    Life member RMEF
    Mathews DXT, Bowtech Admiral, Browing .300WSM...... and Swarovski Optiks my wife doesn't know about.
    1999 Washington Blacktaill, Bear River GMU, nontypical 6X7

9. The Following User Says Thank You to OregonJim For This Useful Post: