Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    83
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts
    Congratulations
    2
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Paying it Forward... Wyo Area 20 Moose

    In poker you have to "give some action to get some action." I figured I'd pay it foward and give close to some GPS locations for moose kills in Wyoming Area 20 over the past few years. If you're interested - feel free to send me a PM.
    Last edited by PointsHunter; 06-30-2014 at 02:43 AM. Reason: Consumer Feedback...
    Brave Rifles & Toujours Pret!

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to PointsHunter For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    217
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 43 Times in 29 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    How many tags are given out for Area 20? JMO, but might have been better off offering advice and help for this area and sending the guys a PM or email with the information.

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Don K For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Allegan, MI
    Posts
    1,007
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 220 Times in 181 Posts
    Congratulations
    1
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Don K View Post
    How many tags are given out for Area 20? JMO, but might have been better off offering advice and help for this area and sending the guys a PM or email with the information.
    Unit 20 got 15 tags for 2014 and IMHO you are correct in that it's way too much information to put right out on a Forum such as this where people that aren't even active members can read it! Doing so could help ones who aren't doing the needed homework and screw ones who are.
    Last edited by Topgun 30-06; 06-22-2014 at 05:53 AM.

  6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Topgun 30-06 For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    166
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 5 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Topgun 30-06 View Post
    Unit 20 got 15 tags for 2014 and IMHO you are correct in that it's way too much information to put right out on a Forum such as this where people that aren't even active members can read it! Doing so could help ones who aren't doing the needed homework and screw ones who are.
    ^^^^^^what he said

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Drelk For This Useful Post:


  9. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    oregon
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    PointsHunter, message sent.
    "Old enough to know better"

  10. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Umpqua River, Oregon
    Posts
    2,241
    Thanks
    341
    Thanked 460 Times in 286 Posts
    Congratulations
    11
    Congratulated 7 Times in 5 Posts
    What I have often done on once-in-a-lifetime highly coveted tags is I will spill the beans with one hunter per year. This limits how much information goes out, but helps one hunter get a huge jump on their hunt.

    The problem with providing that info on an open forum, is the area will potentially be hit hard. Also consider that you are advertising the location of an outfitters base camp. That is his hard won livelihood. It's kinda fun to figure that kind of thing out and gives you confidence you are in the right area, but it should not be advertised publicly.

    Please delete that photo that shows the outfitters camp, in fact please delete all of them and instead offer help, to someone who draws, as others have mentioned.
    Last edited by Umpqua Hunter; 06-28-2014 at 12:07 PM.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

  11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Umpqua Hunter For This Useful Post:


  12. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    166
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 5 Times in 1 Post
    ^^^^^^exactly this

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drelk For This Useful Post:


  14. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Allegan, MI
    Posts
    1,007
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 220 Times in 181 Posts
    Congratulations
    1
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Umpqua Hunter View Post
    What I have often done on once-in-a-lifetime highly coveted tags is I will spill the beans with one hunter per year. This limits how much information goes out, but helps one hunter get a huge jump on their hunt.

    The problem with providing that info on an open forum, is the area will potentially be hit hard. Also consider that you are advertising the location of an outfitters base camp. That is his hard won livelihood. It's kinda fun to figure that kind of thing out and gives you confidence you are in the right area, but it should not be advertised publicly.

    Please delete that photo that shows the outfitters camp, in fact please delete all of them and instead offer help, to someone who draws, as others have mentioned.
    I feel the same way UH and really would implore the OP to delete all those maps and, in fact, rewrite his entire post. That's just way too much information when you start circling kill sites that are basicly honey holes, etc. I really don't call that post paying it forward, but rather screwing the guy that has that tag and put in a ton of hard work only to find this post with everything but the exact coordinates that each animal fell. Please do as we ask and redo your entire post!!!
    Last edited by Topgun 30-06; 06-29-2014 at 09:35 AM.

  15. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Umpqua River, Oregon
    Posts
    2,241
    Thanks
    341
    Thanked 460 Times in 286 Posts
    Congratulations
    11
    Congratulated 7 Times in 5 Posts
    PointsHunter was on today at 1:04 am and edited something. I can't tell what was edited though.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

  16. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    oregon
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    FWIW, I've got 15 points and at present have no interest in hunting Unit #20.
    From where I'm sitting, It would have been a better use of your time, to take some of your own advice and pm the op...... Comes across as an amazing display of internet hunting sherriffs and arrogance in your posts......
    "Old enough to know better"

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •