Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Anyone have experience with Wilderness Tents from the Wall Tent Shop?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 29 Times in 4 Posts
    I'm just getting ready to order a spike tent from the wall tent company, had a hard time deciding between it or the wilderness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Shoot STR8

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Well after figuring everything out and getting a good feel for what we wanted we ended up finding just the right price on a decent used tent (free). So it looks like the tent purchase is getting pushed to the right a ways
    Bull Time

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 9 Times in 3 Posts
    Glad you found the perfect tent!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have a 14x17 Montana Canvas sold by Cabela's and it comfortably fits 4 cots along the back wall with plenty of "living room" left over. No floor is the way to go. I had Montana Canvas make a custom sized ground cloth for mine that only covers the back 1/3-1/2 so we have a clean area for our cots and a dirt area by the door for the stove and not having to take our muddy boots off to go in and out. It works exactly like your asking for. 4 guys, a stove and an area for a small table.

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'm looking for a good all-round backpacking tent for 3-4 people, me (14 yrs. old), my 11 yr old brother, the occasional friend, and possibly later on my 8 yr. old brother.

Weight isn't to much of a big deal, as I'd prefer durability to weight, and to a lesser extent space. I'd prefer a 4 season tent if it is suitable for summer use. Also I'd like a double-walled tent, with closable windows (mesh). The reason for closable windows is that I want to be able to control the air flow. If a tent without closable windows would stay warm enough I would consider it, though always having a breeze based on the wind would be an annoyance.

Some brands I've looked at are Hilleberg, North Face, Stephenson (Warmlite), Black Diamond, among many others. This tent needs to last me a long time, as I'm not going to get a second tent anytime soon. Money isn't really an issue, as there are plenty of bargains I can find out there. The tent will be used in the little Rocky Mts., Montana.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Check out the marmot limelight. They are well built but not really from lightweight materials. I would consider these a reasonable 4 season option with or without a tarp guyed out with it.

Just a tidbit: You probably should repost this as a new post.

Quote Originally Posted by gobindexpe23 View Post
    I'm looking for a good all-round backpacking tent for 3-4 people, me (14 yrs. old), my 11 yr old brother, the occasional friend, and possibly later on my 8 yr. old brother.

Weight isn't to much of a big deal, as I'd prefer durability to weight, and to a lesser extent space. I'd prefer a 4 season tent if it is suitable for summer use. Also I'd like a double-walled tent, with closable windows (mesh). The reason for closable windows is that I want to be able to control the air flow. If a tent without closable windows would stay warm enough I would consider it, though always having a breeze based on the wind would be an annoyance.

Some brands I've looked at are Hilleberg, North Face, Stephenson (Warmlite), Black Diamond, among many others. This tent needs to last me a long time, as I'm not going to get a second tent anytime soon. Money isn't really an issue, as there are plenty of bargains I can find out there. The tent will be used in the little Rocky Mts., Montana.